More than friends

More than friends

Ethan walked into Tyler's room. "What's up, motherfucker?" he yelled, earning a chuckle from his best friend. "Nothing much. Thanks for asking," he said, ruffling Ethan's blue hair. "Shithead," he added. Ethan grinned widely, showing off his dimples. He playfully punched Tyler's chest, and it didn't take long before they were both out of breath from laughing, wrestling on the bed.

"Hey, want to watch a movie?" Tyler asked, changing his position after he had pinned Ethan to the bed. Ethan growled. He liked wrestling with his friend even though he was so obviously weaker. "Sure," he said, walking over the pile of DVD's. He picked some Harry Potter, a movie they would never get tired of no matter how much they watched it. Tyler smiled when he climbed up the bed, laying his head on Tyler's shoulder. The older boy tensed visually and playfully pushed Ethan him.

Ethan shrugged. If Tyler didn't like it, then he wouldn't do it. Tyler was his best friend – he wouldn't do anything he didn't like. "Hey Tyler," he mumbled. "I think I have to go home..." He pouted a little, making Tyler chuckle again. "Probably. It's getting late, Eth. Your parents will be worried." Ethan gave a quick hug before he walked out the door, zipping up the zipper of his coat. "Bye!" Tyler could hear him yell from outside.

Tyler dropped down on his bed with a satisfied sigh. He put one hand on his chest, feeling his heart race. He smiled – Ethan always made him smile. No matter how down he was, the blue haired boy would make him smile like he had never been sad in his life.

It had been for over two years since Tyler had fallen in love with his best friend. His straight best friend. And every person who likes the same gender can relate to this – don't ever fall in love with a straight person.

It'll tear your heart apart.

He remembered the first time he saw him.

Ethan walked into the classroom, looking insecure and shy. He was fiddling with the sleeves of his school uniform that reached to over his hands. "I-I'm Ethan," he stuttered. "I-I like movies and video games. Nice to meet you." With that he ran over to the seat the teacher pointed at, the seat next to Tyler. "Nice to meet you, Ethan. You can take your seat next to Tyler." Nervously he took a seat, still playing with his sleeves. "Don't be so nervous. We don't bite," Tyler joked with a small smile. Ethan smiled a little too. Tyler ruffled his hair, that back then was still brown. "That's better."

Tyler sat under the tree, his eyes closed. "H-hey, can I sit here?" He opened his eyes and saw the small figure of Ethan. "Of course." Ethan smiled and sat down next to him. "What're you reading?" Ethan asked, pointing at the book laying on Tyler's chest. "Harry Potter. I've been on a reading marathon," he grinned. Ethan's face visibly lit up. "I love Harry Potter!" he said loudly, making himself blush. "Whoops," he giggled and Tyler thought his giggle was the most adorable thing he had ever heard.

"No way!" Ethan gasped. They had a nice conversation about some movies. "I know right? I didn't see that coming either." Ethan had opened up completely – well not completely, but he was getting there – and seemed to enjoy the talk as much as Tyler did. "Hey, you want to come over after school and watch some movies together?" "I would love to," he beamed.

Tyler smiled at the memory. He fell asleep with the last thing on his mind being Ethan.

Ethan yawned. He quietly walked up the stairs to the attic. Why exactly, he didn't know. He just felt like it. Careful not to wake his parents he opened the door. It slightly creaked and he silently prayed his parents didn't hear it.

His eyes immediately fell on a huge wardrobe decorated with silver and gold. He raised one eyebrow. Why do my parents have this? He questioned. His parents weren't exactly rich. They weren't poor, but how could they afford something like this? He opened the doors which apparently were oiled recently because it didn't creak at all.