Talk to me

Ethan sighed. I guess this is it, he signed. I'll miss you. His father placed a hand on his shoulder. "I know, but we have too. It won't be for long, I promise. Just until I earn enough money to pay him back." Doesn't he have a son my age? His father nodded. "Yeah. I'm sure you'll get along just fine. You might have to share a room but it's all good." Ethan nodded, his blue hair bouncing up and down. He hugged his parents quickly and got out of the car. See you. He walked towards the door, looking one time over his shoulder.

"Look, I can give you the money! I just need some time!" he heard his father yell. "I'll give you one month. Only one. And...in the meantime...You have to give me something so I know you won't betray me. What do you have to offer?" It was silent for a moment and Ethan peeked around the corner. He saw his father walk back and forward and a tall man sitting in the chair, his hands clasped together and a cold expression on his face. "I don't have anything!" his father said loudly and obviously stressed out. "You. Offer yourself. If you work for me, it'll all be good. Work for me for one month. We'll treat you right."

Ethan couldn't stand it anymore. He jumped from behind the corner. Father, let me go, he signed determined. "Ethan? Are you sure?" Ethan nodded. "Who is this?" the man asked. Ethan glanced at him from the corner of his eye. Who is that? His father sighed. "Ethan, this is Mr. Scheid, the man I owe money. Mr. Scheid, this is my son Ethan." Ethan nodded politely. "Is he mute?" Father shook his head. "He refuses to talk for an unknown reason. We don't mind though – sign language is very interesting." That's not the point here. I want to take your place. "Are you sure?" Ethan nodded.

Father sighed. "Mr. Scheid, Ethan offers to take my place." Ethan felt the man's brown eyes scan him up and down. "What's his age?" "16." The man smiled. "Good. My son is 17 – they might even get along well. I accept." "Ethan, are you completely sure?" One hundred percent.

And here he stood. One more step and he would be owned by the Scheid family. He took a deep breath. He had to do it for his family. He rang the doorbell and almost immediately it opened and showed Mr. Scheid. "Hello Ethan," he greeted friendly. Ethan knew that even though he was basically forced into this, Mr. Scheid was very friendly and would do everything to make him feel at home. One month. And I'll be out of here. He smiled and took out his notebook. "No no," the man quickly said. "Our son speaks sign language. He can translate – it's quicker that way." Ethan smiled again. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad.

He took off his shoes and entered the living room. "Make yourself at home. I'll get something to drink and call Tyler – he's the son I talked about." He exited the room and Ethan heard him yell the name. Quick footsteps on the stairs. Because Ethan didn't talk, his hearing had increased. But you didn't need a great hearing for the loud sound that was created.

Ethan's jaw nearly dropped. This man was nothing like he imagined. No, this was a God. Brown curls. Brown eyes. A strong jawline and a body he could drool over. He wore black jeans and a vest with a hood, showing off his muscular arms. Tyler bit his lip – and action Ethan hoped he would never stop because it was so damn sexy. He only stopped staring when Tyler started talking. "Hi. You must be Ethan?" Even though it was such a short sentence, Ethan was already addicted to the voice. It was low and smooth as butter. Yes, I am. You're Tyler, I suppose? he signed. Good thing he didn't talk – Tyler would be able to hear his voice break down from nervousness and he would stutter. And the last thing he wanted was make a fool of himself in front of this Godlike being.

On the other side Tyler was pleasantly surprised too. He had expected some dull nerdy boy, but boy was breath-taking. He had blue hair and bright eyes. He scanned him up and down, his eyes lingering on his lips. He bit his lip. "Hi. You must be Ethan." Really, Tyler? The cutest boy you've ever seen is standing in front of you and that's the best you can come up? Yes, I am. You're Tyler I suppose? he read from the signs. "Yeah. Nice to meet you." You must seem like the funniest person ever. The boy smiled. Nice to meet you. Tyler melted at the smile. He was just so damn cute.