Bloody Mary

Bloody Mary, Bloody Mary, Bloody Mary

"Daddy?" little Tyler asked his father, who looked down at him from his newspaper. "Yes, son?" "What is Bloody Mary? All the kids at school are talking about it." His father sighed. "It's dumb game where you say 'Bloody Mary'  three times in the mirror and there would be a ghost lady stalking you in the mirror. You can only see her in the mirrors or other things with reflection. And then she'd kill you." He looked down at his son, who was shivering from the story. "It's just a story of course. These things don't exist."

"Amarok," Tyler mumbled, shutting the big book about mythological monsters he was reading. He had always had an interest in monsters, legends and myths. He loved reading about them – even to the extend where he was considered a weirdo at school for reading instead of smoking with the other kids.

He didn't care about them. He loved it so much, but one thing had been bothering him for a while. He knew about nearly every mythological monster known, and if he didn't it was waiting for him in the form of a book on the highest shelve of the closet, but he couldn't get enough of one.

Bloody Mary.

The woman in the mirror. She would kill you. It was just a legend, Tyler ensured himself. But sometimes in the evening he would walk to the bathroom, opening his mouth, but he was still scared. Scared if it was real.

The next evening Tyler shut his book closed again. However, it wasn't over midnight as usual when he finished reading. It was about eleven in the evening, but Tyler didn't feel like reading anymore. He took his phone, putting on the flashlight, and walked out of the room. His parents were out leaving him on his own.

He walked into the bathroom. If it was real, he wanted to experience it. He turned his phone off.

"Bloody Mary, Bloody Mary, Bloody Mary," he repeated, looking in the mirror. The lamps dimmed and the window opened. Tyler had never been so scared.

And he had no idea what was going on inside the mirror.

"Ethan! Come downstairs!" The blue haired boy sighed and shoved his hands inside his pockets. "What is it, dad?" "Your mother got called." Ethan raised his eyebrows. "But mum is sick." His father nodded. "Indeed. Which is why we need a replacement." "Oh no. You don't mean me do you?" "We do." He cursed mentally. Fantastic.

"Mom," he said softly, entering her room. "Yes son?" "I'm going on your place, don't worry about the call." He kissed her softly on the forehead. "thank you."

Ethan reassured his mother not to worry but he was pretty freaked out himself. He was only 16 – he didn't even know what to do.

"Bloody Mary, Bloody Mary, Bloody Mary," he repeated, looking in the mirror. The lamps dimmed and the window opened. Tyler had never been so scared. He turned back to the mirror. Behind him appeared a shadow that slowly took form. Instead of a scary woman, as he expected, a small – and rather cute – boy appeared.

The boy sheepishly scratched his neck. "Yeah, so, I'm kinda new to this shit, so could you explain what I have to do? Tyler stared at the boy. "You're supposed to scare me and then kill me I think." "Oh. Guess I ruined that huh. How about being friends with me instead?"

Tyler stared again. Did a ghost just offer to be friends with him? This could be a chance to know more about their world . "Sure. I'm Tyler by the way." The boy smiled – he was straight up adorable. "Ethan. Nice to meet you!"

"Say Tyler?" Ethan asked. "Yeah?" "If I had to kill you, why would you summon me?" Tyler bit his lip. "Well...I've always been very interested in monsters – not that you are one," he added quickly after seeing Ethan's hurt expression. " – and ghosts. I thought that if I summoned Bloody Mary I would be able to know more about it. Besides, I know how to get rid of her." "Get rid of her? She's my mother!" Tyler looked at the boy. "How does that even work?" Ethan stared. "Do I really need to explain how children are born?" He quickly shook his head. "No, I mean, why isn't she here?" "She's sick," the boy answered as if it was the most normal thing in the world.