RESTART

Restart

Tyler has been unemployed for his whole life, and when he is drunk he meets a mysterious man who promises him a job in return of being a subject in an experiment. He becomes ten years younger and goes back to high school – where he meets Ethan. But, as the experiment stops, all memory of him will be wiped.

Warnings: Not actually underage! Ethan is 28, Tyler is 29, but Tyler thinks Ethan is 18 so he kind of thinks he is a creep. Tyler drinks a lot. They are in school, which is pretty scary. Tyler also smokes, basically everything your parents warn you about but every 14 year old kid is doing these days. lotsa angst

last note: im trying something else with my writing style. if you think its different than normally, yes it might be. its not permanent, or maybe it will, but please leave your thoughts. 

Even his reflection was disappointed in him.

Tyler kept his eyes on his fingers as he tied his tie, purposely avoiding his own piercing gaze. Almost thirty years old and he never had a job. He solely survived on his parents money.

Nearly every day he searched (and found) for a job. Today was such a day. He ran his hand through his hair once more, took a deep breath and flattened his suit. He was always afraid of these kind of interviews.

He opened the door and was on his way.

~

"So why do you think you are suited for this job?"

"I have a wide range of abilities, the strongest being good on the social aspect."

~

Tyler put his head in his hands, groaning. He was sitting in a bar, chugging one drink after another. He had seen the interviewers face. He knew that, once again, he didn't get the job. After a while he just started reading their expressions.

They had a twitch by the corner of the mouth and they didn't look him in the eyes? They thought he was pathetic.

They looked at him without tilting their head back, their lips tightening? They were angry with him.

He signed the bartender that he wanted another shot. The boy (he didn't even look old enough to drink, what the fuck?) walked over him and put a hand on his shoulder.

"You look like you had enough for tonight, man."

Tyler groaned something in response and tried to lift his head to face the bartender, but it hurt and he was too drunk to see the boy's features. He got up, his head immediately spinning, and tried to stumble out of it.

If he was less drunk, he might have noticed that the bartender let him go without getting paid.

But he was that drunk.

~

Start of the experiment

The cold air definitely helped him clear out the intoxication. He definitely wasn't sober, but he could see clear and walk straight.

"Tyler Scheid."

The voice was clear and deep and made Tyler pause in his steps. He turned around, expecting to find an old friend of classmate, but instead was met with an unfamiliar man. He was fairly short, with black hair and glasses.

"Tyler Scheid: Spend seven years in university, advancing through graduate school afterwards, but has never had a job. Correct?"

Tyler groaned a response. He came here to forget, not to be reminded by strangers.