Pushing Limits

Pushing limits

Tyler is the "protector" of the Nestor family. Mr Nestor, Mrs Nestor and their son Ethan. Their relationship is strictly professional. Ethan is a troublemaker. Tyler will have to slam some common sense into him. However, during that Tyler has to remind himself multiple times that he is the bodyguard and Ethan is his boss' son and there are limits...

Warnings: Age gap (12 years) NO UNDERAGE RELATIONSHIP, asshole Tyler, blood, mentions of sex.

THIS IS AN EXPERIMENT – I TRIED TO MAKE A LONG LONG LOOOOOONG STORY WITH REAL BUILDUP. IF YOU DON'T LIKE LONG STORIES DON'T READ. IF YOU DO ENJOY THIS PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF IT WAS ANY GOOD. THANK YOU!

Tyler was left bleeding on the streets. He tried to stand up but it cost him too much energy and he had too little left. Blood fell down his chest, his white t-shirt was ripped and drenched with blood. He probably broke a few bones, and from what he could see from his body, he was wounded all over. At least he felt like that.

"I want to quit the gang," Tyler stated, facing his boss with fake confidence. "You what?" the man growled. "I want to quit the gang," Tyler repeated. "So, you want to remove your tattoo and live the "safe" life?" the boss laughed. Tyler nodded. "Let me tell you something, Tyler." The boss basically spat his name. "You will never be safe. In fact, now that you're quitting...you're not useful anymore." He snapped his fingers and a few tall and muscular men walked towards him, pushing him onto the ground.

And that was how he ended up laying on the street. He picked up the small pocket knife. "Fuck you," he screamed, stabbing himself repeatedly in the arm, right where the large tattoo of the phoenix was placed. "Fuck you all!" He didn't even feel the pain of the knife. He just wanted to get rid of the tattoo, of all the memories.

"Why are you hurting yourself?" a kind and low voice asked. Tyler's head jerked up and looked at him with a cold expression. "It hurts more when I don't do it," he said with a voice that showed he didn't care about anything. The man knelt before him. "How old are you?" Tyler hesitated to answer. "23." The man whistled. "You have a whole life ahead of you. So, maybe you want to come to my house, I could give you a job and we can wait until the wound heals and reform your tattoo." "Who are you? Why do you want to give me a new chance? You don't even know me." He didn't ask how he knew about him wanting to get rid of the tattoo since it was pretty obvious. A wound in his arm, exactly where the tattoo was.

"My name is Richard Nestor. I run a family business in banking. I live together with my wife and my son, Sarah and Ethan. Ethan is currently 11 years old." He sighed. "And for why...I know I can trust you. Your eyes don't lie – you're a good guy, you've just made a mistake. You're hurt. And I believe firmly everybody deserves a second chance. And I just found you, and offered one." Tyler smiled sadly. "In that case, I'll gladly accept. But I want you to kick me out, as soon as I do something wrong." Mr Nestor offered him a hand and pulled him up.

"Daddy!" A small boy ran towards the man and hugged him tightly. "Who is the scary man?" he asked. Tyler frowned. Sure, he was very intimidating. This is why he didn't like kids – he didn't like people in general.

And as Ethan grew up, he would only confirm more he didn't like people.

-4 years later-

Tyler walked into Ethan's school. He had gotten a phone call and the teacher wanted to talk with him, or at least a "parent or provider". "Oh, you're here," the boy said casually as he put his books in his bag. "Of course I'm here." Tyler was calm and collected as always. "The teacher called. You skipped two classes again." Ethan nodded, just as calm. "Yep. That's correct," he said without looking up from his bag. "You need to stop doing this, Ethan. You're making trouble, for yourself and for your father." Ethan looked up. "Look, my father couldn't care less. And neither could you." And he continued packing. After he finished he threw it on his back and walked towards the door.