01 | bloody mary & drunk talks

0 1

BLOODY MARY & DRUNK TALKS

To step away from reality and to lose yourself - oh, isn't that a wonderful thing?

════════════════

TO SAY THE club isn't the best place to get lost would be a lie. An utterly foolish lie. The club buzzed loudly. People grinding against one another, slurring and giggling. A girl of fine blonde hair tripped and fell only to be caught by a handsome young man. This club downtown - Mundane Talks - was just another club among the thousands here at Androsia. The girl who tripped was escorted out the club by that young gentleman. Maybe another blossoming tale of love. I scoffed at that thought.

I gulped down another cup of Bloody Mary. I, Olivia Laurel Knight, needed a getaway and what better place to lose yourself than this. I looked at the bartender for a split second. "Another one, ma'am?" He asked me, giving me a sympathetic look. I nodded. I was confident that I looked like an absolute mess and mind you, not those divine mess types. I looked like a horrendous crap with my hair frizzy and eyes puffy. I switched off my phone - something that I'm sure would get me into trouble later.

"Here you go, ma'am." The bartender placed the cup before me. I looked at the cup silently for a minute, watching the bubbles rise and pop. Without thinking further, I closed my eyes and gulped that cup too in a second or two. I slouched onto the counter and sighed, "Why do I love him?"

"Another one, please?" I called out to the bartender. He looked at me worriedly. I gave him a confident look as if I was trying to reassure the fact that I'm totally fine. But, Jesus, no. I wasn't absolutely drunk but yes, I was stupidly drunk. Which one among them was better? I would never realise.

"No, she wouldn't be having another one," a voice boomed from next to me. I whipped my head to the side only to come face to face with the most beautiful person I've come across, ever, he looked angelic with a sly smile playing a wonderful rhythm on his thin lips. His eyes sparked and his hair was messy. Divinity, was all that I really could think as I stared at him.

"I want another one," I whined. He shook his head firmly and waved the bartender off. He looked at me concerned, "You've had enough for the night, princess. Let me take you home."

I giggled, "No. Nada. Nil. If you just wanted to have sex with me, you could have been more seductive." I stood up close to him, as I tried looking sexy. Oh god, mustn't I have looked stupid. I trailed my finger from his face to his chest as I drawled my words out slowly, "I'd love to, by the way."

"You're drunk, princess," the gentleman moved my hand away but I lingered on as I latched my hand behind his neck. I brought my face very close to his. I was sure my breath reeked of the smell of alcohol.

He looked at me, unsure for a moment. With his slight movement and gestures, My drunken mind could understand that he too was slightly tipsy. Slightly leaning in, he looked at me, tilting his head. He took a huge breath in and said, "You're beautiful, princess."

We were close enough. I could see the bright baby blue colour of his eyes which seemed like they were contact lens. I quickly seized the moment to move close to his ears and speak. My voice came out lighter and I hoped it was a turn on.

"Now, will you let me have another drink, stranger?"

In this close proximity where I could see him well enough, he seemed familiar. I couldn't quite put a finger on where I had seen this man, but he was no stranger, for sure.