16 | intoxicated & oblivion

1 6

INTOXICATED & OBLIVION

Will you stay with me?❞

════════════════

IT'S A LOT confusing to blame something when there are more than two factors similar in the situation.

It all started from dimly lit areas. The situations were so alike, yet so different. Back then, it was me wailing in the club, drinking my miseries away, when I first encountered Taehyung. Tonight, it was me, drinking my miseries away as I wailed outside a supermarket, on the pavement.

Back then, I ended up in the same hotel room Taehyung lived in, making out with him and almost having sex. Tonight, I stood before him, asking him to kiss me, to rid me of my thoughts and to let me soar.

Jimin had left Taehyung and I to bond, I guess. Silence filled in the room and I just stared at Taehyung, just as he stared back. Sexual tension weirdly rocketed when I noticed how loose his white shirt was on him, making his clavicles and shoulder bones so distinctly seen.

Good lord, he was hot.

"Here," Taehyung offered me a glass of water. "Drink. You're probably going to have one terrible hangover tomorrow."

I giggled and took the glass from Taehyung's hand. I gulped it down and gave the empty glass back at him.

Taehyung chuckled and spoke out, "I can't believe that you got drunk after I left you earlier today. You're hundred percent sure that you're not addicted to alcohol, right?"

I leaned on the counter beside me and blinked slower. Everything around me seemed slower. My emotions were in a haywire and I didn't know what to feel. I had reached a point where I misunderstood myself.

"I'm not addicted to alcohol, Tae."

"Good," Tae smiled and stuffed his hands into his pockets. "I am really not keen on searching a rehabilitation center for you in a land I know nothing of."

"You know the trade," I retorted.

"Except trade," Taehyung shook his head and smiled at me.

"So, why did you end up drinking? Did Jimin pick you up from the club?" Taehyung asked, supremely concerned.

"Ah, no," I smiled sheepishly. "Jimin picked me up from the streets."

Taehyung's expression changed quicker than I thought. His face went from calmness to extreme worry in less than a second.

"What?"

I giggled and nodded. Taehyung cringed and muttered, "Did you really giggle, Liv?" I pursued my lips and smiled in acceptance.

"Why were you out there? Drunk? Do you realise what could have possibly happened?"

"Nothing could have possibly happened," I smiled and laughed.

"Jesus, Liv, do you realise reporters and paparazzi could be watching every move you're making, now?" He tried his best in making me understand.