12 | thunder & lightning

1 2

THUNDER & LIGHTNING

There are heartless people who once cared too much.

════════════════

[ FOUR MONTHS AGO ]

"I WANT TO go there," I pointed to the nearest local park. It was past ten in the night and I had just got off work. Xavier picked me up like the nice boyfriend he was and we had dinner together.

"It's a fast food joint, baby," Xavier reminded me and I nodded vigorously.

"I'm craving burgers, so let's go there," I replied, cheerily.

Xavier shook his head as he looked down, pretending to be disappointed in hanging around with me. I shoved him and he laughed, for he moved not one inch.

"You love me," I whined and pouted at him. Xavier pecked my lips and pulled me, "I do, baby. I love you loads."

"Give me a piggy back ride then," my face lit up as my brain came up with that idea. Xavier looked at me and laughed, "Are you drunk?"

"A tad bit," I laughed. "Chen smuggled some into the hospital without anyone knowing. We had it in our room."

Xavier's pretty facial features slightly hardened as I mentioned Chen but he quickly chuckled and offered to give me a piggy back ride. I was excited. Quickly jumping on his back, I let out a whimper instead of him, to which he resonated, "You're not as heavy as I thought."

I hit his chest and he laughed. The streets were empty and it was just us, two absolutely crazy lunatics out on the streets. The street lights highlighted us and how in love we were and the sweet nothings we whispered to each other had only just one intruder - the calm night.

Xavier carried me to the fast food joint and I quickly got off of him. I cried out loud, "Food!"

"Aw, baby, you're cute."

Leaning forward, tugging at my lips and placing a hand on my hip, I asked, "Am I now?"

"You do seductive pretty well, too."

"Is someone getting hard?"

"Just like you're getting turned on?"

I laughed as I stood up straight. I walked to Xavier and placed a hand on his shoulder. I hugged Xavier and as I pecked him on his cheek, I whispered, "I'd love to have a battle of words over that, but I'm not much into exhibitionism. But baby, if you're into that sort of stuffs, tell me. I'd love to try for you."

Xavier quickly stiffened and I chortled. I walked further ahead and into the fast food joint, leaving Xavier behind. Xavier groaned out loud and yelled as he ran upto me, "I'll get you back for that later tonight."

I turned back, winked at him and blew a kiss, "Can't wait, your highness."

We had a late dinner at the fast food joint. Xavier actually kept up with all my bullshit when I was drunk. I threw french fries at him, everytime he said something corny and he merely chuckled. I played with my food and he didn't look at me judgementally.

We left the joint an hour later. I jumped onto my boyfriend's back after eating too. He complied and carried me.

"Xavier!"

"Yes," he turned slightly up to look at me.

"Look at the stars, Xav," I pointed up.

"I see a black sky, beautiful," Xavier chuckled.