30 | ecstacy & torn

3 0

ECSTACY & TORN

I'm sorry for not being able to protect you from the world.

════════════════

I TOOK EVERY step, looking around frantically and with dread. My body felt heavy and I did not know what I was going to do anymore.

Taehyung's departure was something I expected, sooner or later. The issue arose when I expected the later to last longer than ever. I crossed the road, every step with a sigh of resignation, deeper and louder than the previous one.

Taehyung and I had never exactly talked about us being away. For heaven's sake, we just got together without any obstacles, merely a few days back. To talk about departure or being away was too early.

Yet, here we were.

Stuck in a position where we found a solution or live the entirety of our lives in remorse of the things we lost. Beyond everything, I had to stay back till Xavier's treatment was done and perfected. It was a promise not made by the girl who had her leap and fall with him, but by a doctor who cared day and night for the patient's she had to save.

I was snapped back into reality as soon as soon the cars honked. It was then that I realised that I was in fact standing on the zebra crossing, midway, blocking traffic. My eyes widened and I quickly bowed down, apologetically and ran ahead.

My phone rang and I let it ring. Once. Twice. Thrice. Till the sound died on me. However, whoever called me seemed more determined than I was. I stopped in my tracks and pulled out my phone.

Jeon Jungkook.

"What do you want?" I asked, my voice sounding distinctly mean. At that minute, I didn't care if I was remotely rude. I was hurt and my emotions that surged through every nerve cell within me and flooding my thoughts was all I could bother about.

"Olivia?"

"It's me, Jungkook."

"Oh, that's great. Where have you been? It's been long," Jungkook whined through the receiver. I sighed. Conflicting thoughts clashed like it was a battlefield - a war for superiority.

I looked forward to see the stream of people flooding the streets and walking in every possible direction. Some were determined to get where they intended to and some merely roamed the streets with a distinct joy on their face of what was to make their entire day.

And there I was. Voice trying to come out my vocal box as much as possible, eyes threatening to stream down a river and hands along with my entire system shivering and ready to collapse.

I sobbed slightly with the intensity of emotions I was feeling and Jungkook's hearing skills heightened as he asked, "Are you alright, Olivia?"

"No," I said. A man walking past dashed my shoulders with his as he walked past and I grunted in pain. I sighed at how bad the day was going so far and my heavy heart set lose. The tears flowed down, one drop after another till it was streaming down my face, staining it and making it hard for me to see clearly.

"Where are you?" He asked, firmly and with a strong sense of determination. I chuckled sardonically and muttered, "You don't even know Androsia. For heaven's sake, you landed here not more than a week back."

Jungkook got me to spew out the location I was at to him. He hastily told, "Do not move a step forward, alright? I'll be there in a few."

"Jungkook," I sighed deeply, almost wondering why he was doing this.