06 | royal parties & hidden truths

0 6

ROYAL PARTIES & HIDDEN TRUTHS

Darling, I can see your tear stained visage underneath all that makeup.

════════════════

JULIA WAS TRUE to her words. I almost couldn't believe that it was indeed, myself that stood before me as I looked at my reflection. Julia stood next to me, smirking. I lightly bit my lip and smiled at her widely, hoping she sees how grateful I sincerely was.

"Julia," I called out as I tried putting what I felt - pride and genuine gratitude - into words. At that moment, I felt like Cinderella and she, the fairy godmother. I looked beautiful and it was all Julia's efforts.

"You don't have to thank me," she said with a prominent smirk on her face. "You look stunning, by the way." And stunning was what I was. Clad in a royal blue dress that felt as soft as flower petals, and with my hair knotted beautifully, Julia worked a miracle.

"Thank you," I hugged her and she stiffened herself instantly. "Thank you. Thank you, oh my god, Julia."

It was not until recent that I realised that Julia wasn't that comfortable with my touch. When I asked her why, she always said it was nothing and scoffed it away. Noticing how she was genuinely worried by the topic, I did not press onto it further.

The doorbell rang and our heads quickly whipped in that direction. Julia stepped forward to stand next to me and as she smiled with much confirmatory support, she said, "About time, princess. I know that you hate it when I say this but, the prince has come, just not the prince I think is yours."

My eyes glassy as they already were, smiled back and mumbled, "I know. I know, Jules, I know."

"Now, go and enjoy that party, hon," she chuckled and pushed me lightly. I smiled genuinely and walked to open the door.

Prince Xavier Matthews King III, stood before me, all so elegantly, dressed in a black Givenchy suit. His hair was beautifully gelled to the side and I couldn't help but smile at how handsome my boyfriend really looked.

He smiled back at me and took a step forward. Stretching his hand forth and placing it securely at my hip, he pulled me closer to him. My eyes widened at his actions and leant backwards. Xavier chuckled at my spontaneous reaction and whispered closer to my neck, "You look absolutely beautiful, Liv. I'd probably have to keep a good eye on you, today."

Somehow, Xavier's last words didn't give me much comfort or warmth. It was genuine possession he showed and it scared me to no ends. Nevertheless, I smiled and pecked Xavier on the cheek and replied, "You look handsome yourself, Prince."

He pulled back after a minute or so and turned to look at Julia. Julia Edwards was already shooting fire arrows from her eyes at him and I prayed to God that there was not going to be another clash right here and right now. Julia leant towards the wall, few metres behind and watched us intently.

However, Xavier's reaction surprised me. He smiled - or, was there a subtle smirk, then? - and nodded to acknowledge her presence. Julia, nevertheless, didn't seem bothered and therefore, didn't react either.

Xavier held me by my waist still and spoke to Julia, "We'll take our leave now, Julia," Xavier formally informed. She merely snorted and looked at me. I smiled at her and waved a bye. She smiled and waved back as she mumbled, "Enjoy. Take care."