29 | minutes & hours

2 9

MINUTES & HOURS

I hate it when you decide to become Mother Teresa for good.

════════════════

IT MADE SENSE. It made perfect sense.

The first time Xavier was rude and devastatingly mean to me was right after my work on a fine and quite uneventful evening. I was excited to go back home and probably rest the night away.

Xavier was present, sitting calmly in my hall. Julia was staying at a friend's place and hence, I was expecting a quiet night to myself. However, Xavier was seated in the house and I genuinely did not mind. Perhaps I could relax with Xavier.

I had walked into the hall and sat next to Xavier. I leaned into his chest, pressing my head onto it, expecting him to cuddle with me but Xavier did not move. He merely day almost as if he was dead. I glanced upwards from my position and looked at Xavier to figure out whether he was frustrated, worried or furious.

"Are you alright?" I had asked, out of concern.

It was at that moment when I was, for the very first time, scared of Xavier. He gripped my wrist and pushed me back by my shoulder. Even though it could have possibly been to face me directly, it hurt. Xavier had gripped too hard and I could see distinctly how the skin colour of the region he had gripped at had turned paler than the others.

"Xavier," I had winced. "You're gripping too hard." My voice came out as a squeak buy Xavier made no movement further. He looked me dead in my eye and merely asked, "Why do you work this late? Do you have male co-workers?"

My mouth dried up. Xavier had never asked me about my work. We left discussions about our workplaces away during the time we came together. However, when Xavier had asked me for the very first time as he saw red and red alone, I was scared.

I nodded my head slowly and with a huge worry plunging into my heart, "I do have male co-workers, Xav. How would I not?"

"Why do you work this late? Why is that you have to work this late? Are there none who can work then?"

"Xavier, that's not how it works," I said, sternly and tried jerking my hand away. I looked up, challenging his actions before Xavier snapped completely.

That was the first time I was genuinely worried and scared for Xavier. His moods fluctuated so quick that it scared me. He could be caring, generous and kind at one moment, however, the very next moment, Xavier was a raging ball of fury. He was jealous, possessive and everything I should have run away from, earlier. Toxicity.

Gabriella dropped the news and after thanking Taehyung a little bit more, she stood up and took her absence along with her tailing arm of security. I looked dazed until I was brought to reality again by Jimin, "Are you fine, Livia?"

I nodded, slowly. Notwithstanding my slow nod of confirmation, Jimin looked worried and Jungkook looked really lost. I smiled at Jungkook reassuringly. I looked at Taehyung who had a very point blank expression his face - the first from the episodes after his shooting.

Taehyung had let go of my hand a while back. However, he still looked at me with a mere question of, "Would you stay?"

I sprung up from the bed. I could not help but feel a wave of guilt wash through me. Taehyung tried reaching out and being there for me. I simply smiled at Taehyung and waved in response.

"I'll be back," I announced and Jimin gave me a nod.

"Are you going to Xavier?" Taehyung asked, his voice trying its best not to show his displeasure.