27 | unconditionally & fond

2 7

UNCONDITIONALLY & FOND

Let the darkness lead us into the light.

════════════════

THE SURGERY WAS a success.

The bullet that was about nine millimetres in size was removed from Taehyung's arm and I sighed. Chen did a great job throughout the procedure and that comforted me. Taehyung was sure to survive as soon as Chen and I realised that there was not much blood loss. Apparently, the person along with Jimin had tightly wrapped the area preventing much blood loss, further and I was instantly grateful.

Chen smiled at me as soon as he wrapped up the surgery. Spreading his arms, trying to keep his hands that were bloodied away from any contact, he hugged me and I smiled into his comfort.

"Didn't I tell you he'd be alright?"

"You did," I mumbled, sheepishly.

"I'm right, as always," Chen boasted, living his moment in the spotlight. I chuckled and walked out of the theatre to wash my hands and discard the robe. Chen followed to do the same.

Taehyung was shifted to the VIP room in the hospital for obvious reasons. Chen and I walked out of the operation theatre with a prominent smile on our faces. Jimin, along with the stranger, was waiting outside the theatre with a distinct aura of worry around them.

The stranger got up immediately as he saw us. Jimin followed suit soon after and looked at me. He observed us and realised how we looked relaxed and much happier - how I looked happy.

"He's alright, isn't he?" Jimin asked.

I nodded and rushed to hug Jimin. Jimin's firm grip caught hold of me and in utter bliss and joy, he hugged me tight, almost squeezing me to death. I chuckled as I experienced how delighted Jimin was. Jimin and I were definitely back to where we originally were. He was there to provide me comfort and support me in my misery just as I would be for him. The confirmed knowledge of having another friend brought a bubbling sense of ecstacy within me.

Chen smiled on seeing how happy I was. He immediately excused himself to attend to other patients around. I pushed myself back from Jimin and waved at Chen. He smiled and gestured at me to have my time.

"We're still keeping a check on him. He'll wake up soon," I informed. Jimin ruffled my hair on seeing how happy I was.

"She's cute," the stranger beside Jimin said and my attention drifted to him. I looked at him confused, for I knew not of who he was still. He realised how he hadn't introduced himself now and then due to the anxiousness of the moment.

"I'm Jungkook," he extended his arm and I looked down at it. He worked out clearly. The veins in his arms were popping and I could help myself from gaping. I realised how he had extended his arm a while back and quickly told hold of it and shook it, trying to cover my embarrassment.

"I'm Olivia," I introduced myself. Before I could explain how I was related to Jimin and Taehyung, Jimin cut me off and informed Jungkook, "She's the one Taehyung's sleeping with."

I glared at Jimin, as my head quickly shot to my left to give him a look. Jungkook laughed and responded, "I see." He looked me from head to toe almost as if he was analysing me for the person I was.

"She's also the ones he's dating," Jimin smiled, sheepishly. "So, I suggest you remove any filthy thoughts you had of having her because Taehyung would kick your balls."