07 | repercussions & revelations

07

REPERCUSSIONS & REVELATIONS

When I told you it will all be better, I mean it.

════════════════

I HAD TRULY meant it when I said that I had absolutely no intentions to hurt Jimin or Taehyung. Especially Taehyung. As I stood up on that stage, with my heart heavy, I didn't even have the audacity to look at Taehyung. Xavier stood next to me, triumphantly and about barely another feet away did Taehyung stand beside Jimin.

The king announced, after all the shouting and proclamations, "What's a good royal party without some dance? Music, please." With those words, King Charles Williams King II walked down the stage and towards his wife, the gorgeous Gabriella and asked her to do him the honours. She nodded and placed her hand on his, only for him to lead her to the centre.

Xavier's mother and Androsia's beloved queen, Gabriella however was nothing like the typical Androsian royal family. To start with, she cared. Gabriella cared a lot. I remember the first time I'd visited the royal family. Xavier insisted on my meeting with his parents and I reluctantly gave in. I was absolutely terrified. Trust me, meeting the royal family itself as a civilian was a whole new scary prospective. Talk about being the prince's girlfriend.

Throughout that dinner when I was questioned by the king of my worthiness to date his son, Gabriella simply treated me like her own daughter and that melted my heart. Goodness, I absolutely loved the queen.

And she was loved. Truly loved. The entire Androsia loved her.

The guests and everybody present made their way for the king and the queen to dance. I merely looked at them and gawked. They seemed so perfect and deep down, I was envious.

My head snapped to look at Xavier as soon as I heard him talk to Taehyung and Jimin. "It's a pleasure to have you here, Taehyung," he said.

"The pleasure's all mine." Jimin rolled his eyes and my eyes widened at his nonchalant gesture.

"You must know but this is Olivia, my girlfriend." Xavier stressed on the word girlfriend so much that it made me wince. At this point, it almost seemed like Xavier was staking his claim and putting it forth before all that I was his.

"I realise. She's very pretty," Taehyung looked at me. I bit my lip, nervously. Taehyung seemed to have been really good at masking his emotions because here he was acting like all of this didn't affect him, when it affected me so much. His glance quickly drifted back, "You're a lucky man, Xavier."

"I know," Xavier gleamed.

"May I have this dance, then, ma'am?" Jimin asked me, as he offered his hand. He had a stoic expression on his face. The cheerful, ever happy Jimin was gone. This Jimin was someone I had never seen and I sincerely hope I never would see again.

I looked at Xavier and he had his eyes locked on me already. He looked at every single thing I was doing, somewhat as if he was calculating my next movement. I turned, giving all my attention to Jimin and I nodded. Jimin lightly smiled before leading me to the floor.

Jimin held onto my waist tightly as he led me throughout the dance. He gripped onto me, hard and I winced. His eyebrows shot up and he looked at me, questionably.