24 | heartbreak & sorrows

2 4

HEARTBREAK & SORROWS

All the promises seem to have faded in yours but the memory still lingers in mine, and it hurts so bad.

════════════════

KIM TAEHYUNG WAS overjoyed and elated. It had been a long time since he had felt this good. He watched the girl he admired walk away from his car with a pleasant smile on her face and nothing in the whole world could ever compare to the joy he felt at this moment.

She turned to face him and with a smile wherein she bit her lip slightly, she waved at him ecstatically. Taehyung's lips curved widely and he waved back, gesturing at her almost immediately to go back inside.

She nodded and ever so light on her feet, she almost hopped back into her home. Taehyung looked at Olivia who was walking into the house and watched her shut the door after waving him at one last time before she left.

Taehyung couldn't quite exactly phrase what he was feeling. He had never been this happy. It also had been a very long time since he had received any love from any woman. His mother left him when he was just a boy. The woman he dated never caught his eye or had his heart. However, something about Olivia shook him completely.

He associated her with winter. She was as cool as the winter breeze was. She left him shuddering and stunned. He met her at the end of fall, almost at the beginning of the cool winds rushing against the people. He saw her smile against all odds that she faced in the dim lights of the club, drinking her sorrows away. He looked through her to see how deeply wounded she was when the leaves withered away. She opened up to him when the harshest winter winds blew. She held on to him when it hit them hard. He let her be - swallowing her being completely in his warmth and affection. She let herself free completely for him to see her as everything she was when the first snow fell. Beautifully. Lightly. Gracefully.

Was it wrong of him to hope that he could steal her away from the land she was from and take her with him everywhere he went - to capture every smile of the woman he loved and to love her back every single minute of his existence?

For truth being that Taehyung knew he had to leave in another week. He had already overstayed his visit, making lame excuses to himself that he had to examine the documents and look through it carefully, that he had to mingle and interact with the citizens of Androsia to figure out whether trade agreements with this kingdom was a smart idea. In the end, they were all lame excuses he made to himself that he tried so hard to believe - excuses he made just to stay in the presence of Olivia for a little while more.

He had to wrap everything up in less than a week now. His own kingdom needed him back and he had to leave. He had a week more to pursue Olivia's best interests and hope that she'd come with him.

Taehyung drove to the place he was staying with a mind filled with love yet so much worry. He had to close the contract and make a choice to sign the contract by tomorrow. The earlier he made a decision, the better it was.

Park Jimin was at home already. Taehyung had no words to express how grateful he was to his best friend. The man travelled with him at his request and had always looked out for him. He didn't quite get why Jimin did so much for him. Either way, Taehyung knew one thing for sure. He wouldn't have been this satisfied with the life he was living had it not been for him.