23 | blue skies & violet skies

2 3

BLUE SKIES & VIOLET SKIES

I must have died in my last life for my kingdom; that seems to be the only possible explanation to how I'm blessed to be with you.

════════════════

KIM TAEHYUNG WHO I managed to push through his door to drop me back home, smiled at me as I stood in front of my doorstep. He took a step closer and looked at me, with his gaze fixated and his eyes looking at me endearingly.

He cupped my face with one head and pushed a stand of my hair that had managed to come loose from the high ponytail I had done and fall on my face, behind my ear. He smiled and reminded me, "I'll pick you up later today. Let's go for a picnic."

My heart plummeted and I smiled widely. I nodded, making a note in my head to prepare for the picnic. He rubbed my hair gently and told, "Go in, now."

"Fine," I nodded and quickly tiptoed to peck him on his cheek. Turning instantly, I ran back home, glancing at Taehyung just once more on my way. Taehyung stood still, stunned. He touched his cheek as if to ensure that this was all happening. I waved a bye and ran into the house.

"You're smiling awfully huge today," Julia commented and my head snapped in the direction of the sound. She stood almost right behind me leaning against the door post and I had not noticed her. Was I that thrilled because of Taehyung?

"I, ah –" I rubbed the back of my neck in wonder. It felt awkward at this point as I kept recollecting every incident last night with Julia. She had confessed and I had ended up doing a lot more that night. "I guess, I'm smiling. It's a good day."

"Is that a –" Julia stretched her hand out and touched the crook of my neck gently. Her eyes widened and I blushed in embarrassment. I felt confused because I was unsure whether I would be able to gush about the man I love to my best friend now that she loved me – now that I know she had always loved me. She moved over each hickey carefully and I looked down. She almost looked heartbroken.

"It is, isn't it?" Julia asked, her eyebrows raised. "It's a hickey, and definitely not a bruise. Did Xavier do this?"

I shook my head to signal that it in fact was not Xavier who did this. Julia narrowed her eyes at me. She gripped my shoulders and tightly shook it, trying to make sure I was in all my senses.

She icily told me, "Don't hide from me, please." Somewhere, in her voice, her cold tone was thrown away and she looked like she was just afraid. My heart ached. To see my friend worry this much about me made me feel miserable because eventually, all I did was worry her more and more.

"I spent the night at Taehyung's. I ended things with Xavier," I informed her. Julia's eyes widened. Her hands dropped to both her sides and she looked at me in shock.

"And he let you go, just like that?"

"Almost, I guess. The fight wasn't as bad as I thought it would be," I mumbled. Of course, it wasn't. I had expected to not even make out of that palace alive.

"It makes sense, now," Julia wondered out loud and I looked at her, puzzled.

"What makes sense?"