- | epilogue

EPILOGUE

Your stars are shining bright. Everything is perfect.

════════════════

OF ALL THE THINGS in the world, I was proud of one thing - my honor. It was something I protected, respected and cherished with all my being.

And so when I decided to stay back in Androsia for as long as it took me to keep my promise - my word - and protect my honor, I chose the decision wholeheartedly without any regrets.

However, that never meant that I did not experience heartbreak or the act of missing someone.

I missed Taehyung with every fibre of my being and no matter how much I could possibly call him every time I did miss him, it still did not suffice.

A lot had happened after Taehyung had left. I had to leave the hospital as per what the officials had said and ended up helping Julia in her café. Chen became the head of the department and I could not possibly be happier than anyone else taking my position.

Isabelle was pregnant with her third child and I was impressed by my brother in deed. She whined about going through the entire cycle again but Isabelle was happy. The joy of motherhood she exhibited took me aback. She said, "You'll understand soon, Liv. It's a whole new magical experience."

Ben still worked in the department for foreign affairs and he was content as ever. He even got more holidays on request when Isabelle wanted him to be with her. The Friday out for him was scrapped by Isabelle herself, as she said, "It was a useless thing either way. Feel free to go when you want. Just be there when I need you, always."

Julia found solace in Jenny, a girl that ended up spilling a cup of iced tea on her accidentally on purpose. A very clichéd move. Jenny even agreed once the began dating that it was all a huge plan plotted in her head just for her to get Julia's attention. Julia was finally happy and my heart swelled with pride at her fairytale.

As for Shiza, the girl was still madly in love with Chen and the genius doctor was still stupid as ever when it came to her feelings. However, it did result in them being closer than ever. If only the stars could align themselves a bit more to let them be with each other romantically.

One of the many reasons why I stayed back - the one to whom I was bound by a word. Xavier. Recovery was what greeted him as soon as he took the step to get treatment. He was doing so much better within a year. He confided in me and so did I as he became a friend. The past was buried under layers of memories of the good times that he made sure I experienced.

Xavier, who was recovering at a remarkable rate, was promised the throne as soon as he was done with his treatment. Gabriella was proud of her son and I was proud of Xavier too. He was finally going to make Androsia see the bright sunshine again.

And that was how I was here.

Everything bright and positive around me was what eventually led me to take my decision. I had nothing to lose but everything to gain. With a smile that had already made its way on my face, I packed my clothes into my suitcase.

"You look creepy. Stop smiling like that," Julia commented. She was seated next to my suitcase, helping me with my packing. I laughed on hearing her words and Jenny, who was standing by the door, came to my support.