14 | loyalty & royalty

1 4

LOYALTY & ROYALTY

It's dangerous that you have your heart so close to your sleeves.

════════════════

TAEHYUNG AND CHEN got along well. Like really well. So well that I felt left out in my own office.

"So, the Bullcrackers took a huge swing and bam!" Chen explained, excitedly. Taehyung laughed and listened. Chen continued, "The Tuskers were no match, dude."

"I should have watched this match. Damn it," Taehyung commented. Chen continued yapping about baseball and everything Taehyung and he had in common.

I rested my head on my hands as it propped it up. I was confused. For the love of God, I was in the same room. They could speak about anything that could have me sharing my thoughts and opinions.

It was close to nine and I had a surgery. A man came in, telling he had swallowed nails accidentally. It made me raise my eyebrows in surprise as to whatever in the world people chose to swallow nowadays, be it accidentally or not.

I stood up, suddenly and Chen and Taehyung looked up at me, shutting up after a long time. Taehyung looked at me, confused and Chen looked at me as if he was clearly unamused by the interruption.

"Where do you think you're going?" Chen asked and I glared at him. I pointed at the clock and Chen turned. Taehyung to looked at the clock.

"It's nine. We have a surgery to attend to, idiot," I rolled my eyes. Chen realised what he had forgotten and quickly stood up. He bowed apologetically to Taehyung and informed him, "I'll talk to you after this. You're so cool, dude. Are kings even allowed to be that cool?"

Taehyung laughed and replied, "You're not so bad yourself, Chen."

"Enough flirting. Get going, Chen. I'll be out soon," I shooed Chen away and he merely rolled his eyes. He walked away, not before he seized the opportunity to turn and wink at me, before leaving. I groaned.

"You've a nice friend, Liv," Taehyung remarked, clearly amused by everything that was happening.

"He can get nosy sometime," I sighed. "Wait, scratch that. He's nosy all the times." Taehyung laughed and lord, save me because it sounded magically beautiful.

"So, you've an appointment or surgery or whatever you doctors call that to attend now?"

I smiled, gleefully and nodded. Taehyung made a cute sound as he informed me that he got it. I walked next to Taehyung and he looked at me, confused.

"Uh, so do you want to like wait for three hours or so, to hang out at this café near to this hospital, once I'm done?" I asked, hopefully. Taehyung looked at me and smiled so brightly that it melted my heart.

Before he could respond, I quickly added, "I'll totally understand if you say no, because you're busy and waiting for three hours is totally not a joke. We could hang out sometime later, also, in fact. Anything is fine, actually. In fact -"

"Olivia?" Taehyung called out and I stopped.

"Yeah?"

"Shut up, please," he smiled. My face turned a rosy pink, immediately and I looked down, intuitively. Taehyung's voice somehow turned deeper and I could feel a certain throbbing.

"I'd love to wait to hang out with you later," Taehyung replied and walked forward. I followed him, blushing harder. He opened the door for me and gestured me to walk forward.