22 | locked & freed

2 2

LOCKED & FREED

Hold me tight in your embrace and never let me go.

════════════════

AS MORNING CAME upon me slowly, my eyes fluttered open. My gaze was fixed on the ceiling as I realised immediately that Taehyung had his firm grip on me, preventing me from getting up, dusting myself and leaving the place quicker than the breeze.

Sadly, that plan did not seem possible today. My head turned to look at Taehyung to my left. Taehyung seemed seamlessly flawless as always. His eyebrows quirked upwards slightly as a result of all the fidgeting and restless motions I was making.

I firmly held onto Taehyung's hand and lifted it upwards, as I got up. Taehyung huffed and groaned under his breath and my head snapped to look at him. Almost instantly, Taehyung lifted his arms and wrapped them around me more securely and tightly and pulled me down onto the bed, closer to him.

"Taehyung," I whined, as soon as I let out a squeal.

His eyes snapped open and he smiled as he brought his face dangerously close to mine. He lifted his arm off my body and reached out to caress my face. His small and meaningful gesture seemed special. Everything he did seemed special at the moment. Maybe the hormones are still messing with my brain.

He quickly pecked me on my lips and my eyes widened and in sheer embarrassment, I bit the inside of my cheek soon after. It was probably the sudden rush of confidence in me that I wouldn't be rejected no matter what I did at this point that prompted me to lean forward and kiss Taehyung lightly on his lips, almost immediately.

Taehyung grinned sheepishly and straightaway pulled me closer to him and under him as he got on top of me, ensuring his weight was off me and on his hands, that were planted on either sides of my face. The shades of crimson red mixed with fine cherry blossoms rose from my cheeks and spread all the way to my ears.

As I looked at Taehyung, locking my eyes with his, I was left in awe. This man was truly beautiful and it left me wondering why he had ever taken a liking to the most common and ordinary me. Beyond everything was this his version of summer fling. After all, Taehyung had to leave soon, whether I liked it or not.

Taehyung lowered his head and caught my lips with his as he pulled me in for a longer kiss. My hands found themselves moving up his bare back, only to grip on the hair at the start of his nape. Taehyung quickly shifted his weight from his hands to his elbows, leading to a closer and intimate distance between us. His hands slowly and ever so carefully traversed to the back side of my head to help him pull me closer, only to deepen the kiss.

Taehyung broke the kiss first and looking at me intently, he asked, "Were you planning on leaving before I woke up?"

I tried my best to avoid eye contact with Taehyung when he asked me that question. I felt the need to run away before Taehyung woke up because of the fear that I had – the fear of him regretting everything. It was only normal and extremely plausible.

"I–," I stammered and looked away.

"So, you were planning on doing that," Taehyung muttered and he sounded quite disappointed and angry at the same time. I looked down in embarrassment which subsequently resulted in my realisation of how Taehyung was merely in his boxers while I was bare and completely nude. Last night quickly flashed by in my head and I blushed.