04 | emergencies & coffee dates

0 4

EMERGENCIES & COFFEE DATES

I'll be at your side, there's no need to worry; Together we'll survive through the haste and hurry.❞

════════════════

I PUT ON my pink shirt and paired it with a black denim. I carefully tucked in my pink shirt properly. I tied my hair into a high ponytail and made sure I didn't go too dramatic on my make up which I applied to cover up the bruises slightly. It was seven in the evening and I was expected to reach the hospital and take charge by eight.

I took my bag and walked through the hall. Julia had other people looking after her cafe and hence, she decided it would be good to take the day off for she was extremely tired. Julia however, was seated at the table and she was working on her laptop.

I walked towards her and looking over her back that was facing me. She was online shopping or at the least, online window shopping in this case.

"What are you doing, Jules?" I asked. I really tried impersonating the accent of Isabella of Phineas and Ferb. However, I'm quite sure I failed miserably at that.

"Jesus," Julia suddenly gasped, clutching her chest in shock. I laughed and she glared at me. Julia turned at about a sixty degree and shoved me slightly. "Do not scare me like that, ever again." She paused dramatically at the last two words that didn't do any better than make me laugh.

"Oops, sorry. What are you doing?" I asked while I leaned forward to have a better glance at the laptop. Julia returned her focus back at the computer and explained, "I'm just randomly going through crockery for the cafe. We're in dire need of new one. Moreover, I'm bored of looking at the old plates and cups and all that. Maybe I'll revamp the entire cafe."

"From where in heaven's name are you going to get the funds?" I heaved. Whatever Julia was thinking was sure another one of her highly funded project ideas and I really hoped at least one of them worked.

Months back, Julia even had this crazy idea of painting the roads before her cafe the way she wanted. It took an immense amount of lecturing and a huge sigh from Xavier to shut her idea away for good. With Julia, her thoughts could never be shut. Every day she thought something wackier and crazier but in a way, it was definitely the good progressive type of thinking.

"I know your boyfriend is not going to help me with the funds even though he is the crowned prince," Julia snorted and I expressed joy at her misery.

"The palace funds are not for you, Jules," I ruffled her hair and walked away into the kitchen to grab myself a cup of water. Julia quickly shouted back to make her point clear, "But the palace funds are for the needy people and I'm a part of the needy people."

"You're hopeless," I sighed.

"Exactly. Those funds are for hopeless, needy people like me." I laughed out loud at her retort. This woman, I swear, is one of a kind.

"I'll get going then," I announced and Julia nodded, slightly waving as she sipped on her coffee in her favourite black mug. "Oh and Jules, for the love of god, please be awake by seven. I still haven't duplicated the key yet."

"Fine," Julia rolled her eyes. "The things I do for you, and do I get appreciated? Nope. Never in a billion years."