02 | regrets & fake smiles

0 2

REGRETS & FAKE SMILES

She smiled as he hurt her. Was this her flaw?

════════════════

I STIRRED IN some comfortable bed that definitely did not feel like mine and opened my eyes slowly. The room was well lit and the walls seemed aesthetically pleasing. My head weighed a ton and it definitely felt like it was going to crack open. I turned to my right and at the sight of an unfamiliar human, I screamed.

"Ah, too loud," the man laying next to me, turned as he covered his face with the blanket.

"Who are you?" I gasped. Faint recollection of the last night flashed by in my head and slowly, every thing seemed to piece together and make sense. "Oh my god," I whispered as I covered my mouth.

"Jesus, you're just too annoying in the morning," Taehyung said as he sat up straight on the bed. "Go back to bed. Don't you have like a hangover or something?"

I quickly sat up and jumped out of bed. Straightening my clothes out with my hand, I flashed an apologetic look at Taehyung who kept looking at me, confused.

"I'm sorry. I have to go," I bowed down, apologetically. Taehyung got up from the bed and nodded. He said, "I get it. Let me at least make you some breakfast, please."

I grabbed my phone from the table next to his bed and quickly nodded, "I guess grabbing some food wouldn't make any difference."

It wouldn't. The wrath of his that I had to face would still be the same. I had to face the worst.

Taehyung smiled at me brightly as soon as he heard that. Opening the dresser nearest to the bed, he grabbed a random grey shirt and put it on, buttoning it hastily. Does this dude only have shirts?

He walked to the kitchenette and opening one of the upper cabinets, he pulled out a pan and put it on the lit stove. I slowly watched him cook as I sat by the kitchen.

He quickly made some pancake for me and placed it before me as she leaned on the tall cabinet unit next to where I was seated. He nodded in my direction and said, "Go on. I swear, it tastes better than it looks."

Now, that statement surprised me because a) the pancakes looked pretty as it was seared and looked glossy and b) Taehyung, a fine and attractive man, cooked me breakfast. What a gentleman.

I cut into the pancake with the knife and ate it. Taehyung's eyes lingered on me constantly, as he waited for a positive response from me.

It was absolutely delicious. The first flavour to unfold in my mouth was the sweetness of the syrup that was draped over it, soon followed by the buttery and delicate flavour of the pancake itself. The coolness of the syrup and the heat of the pancake complemented each other, perfectly. I quickly scooped up another bite to replace the fading one that was dissolving in my mouth and then, another. Before I knew it, all that remained on my plate was dribbles of syrup.

Taehyung realised I liked the pancake a lot and smiled happily. As soon as I finished, he took the plate and placed it in the area next to the dishwasher. I grinned like a child, with my heart content over that amazing breakfast.