03 | first meets & gossips

0 3

FIRST MEETS & GOSSIPS

Yeah, he's still coming; just a little bit late.❞

════════════════

[ FIVE MONTHS AGO ]

"CAN YOU AT least look after the grocery at home, please?" Julia whined. I threw the sofa cushion at her and groaned. Julia opened the refrigerator and cried out, "Olivia, look at this! Woman, there is nothing to cook to feed your hungry stomach."

I got up from the sofa and rushed to her. I peeped into the refrigerator and searched intently to prove her wrong. "Aha," I laughed as I stretched my hand to pick that from everything in the refrigerator. "Here's some steak, Jules," I handed it over to her and grinned stupidly.

"Liv," Julia glared at me and placed the steak on the counter immediately. "We've no vegetables, woman. Are you kidding me right now?"

Pissed Julia was scary. I had to face it. If it weren't for Julia, the apartment we had bought together would have been a mess and our daily livelihood and sustenance in that house would be impossible. Julia acted like a mother to me and took care of everything at home.

"How the fuck are you a doctor?" Julia shook her head and placed the steak on the pan to sear it. "Go now. I don't care where, just go and get some grocery and other stuffs."

"Fine," I shrugged and quickly went to my room to change into something presentable to go outside and buy stuffs for home. Julia turned from the stove quickly to face me.

"I'm going," I repeated and Julia smiled, nodding at me. Julia puckered her lips at me and smiled sneakily. I shook my head, helplessly and hopelessly at her.

"I love you, my wife," Julia squealed and I seized the moment immediately to grab another sofa cushion and throw it at her, which she dodged efficiently.

"Bye. I'll be back soon," I smiled at her and she waved. Julia then turned to give that piece of steak all her attention. Well, that was our only dinner nevertheless.

I walked into the supermarket that evening, casually and with no hopes of having a start of a complete change in my life. Willy's Supermarket was huge enough to get lost. I never understood why supermarkets were owned by people with the most random yet sincerest of names. Willy's. Andrew's. Why not Jillian? Or Killian?

Pulling a cart from the stand, I pushed it through the supermarket. My head turned left and right frantically. I grabbed few essentials initially and then, went to each section, strolling and checking if there was anything Julia would need at home.

Fifteen minutes here and there and picking up necessary stuffs, I pushed the cart shamelessly to the section where I was sure Nutella would be. Well, I'm a girl and I have cravings.

However, the world hates people with cravings, because here I was standing exactly where the jars of Nutella were but they were out of reach. It was placed too high for me to reach and internally cried rivers. I just wanted some Nutella to stuff into my mouth.

That was when he came. My Prince Charming. Dressed in some casual chinos and white tee, my eyes met some chestnut crystalloid eyes that had bewitched nearly the entire female population of Androsia. Before me stood - lo and behold - the sole heir to the throne of the kingdom of Androsia, Prince Xavier Matthews King III, holding a jar of Nutella for me.