05 | conversations & texts

0 5

CONVERSATIONS & TEXTS

The thunder nor the storm could break our strength and will.

════════════════

"HOW ARE MY TWO favourite nieces doing?" I spoke through the phone. It was pressed between my head and left shoulder as I opened the door to my house.

Isabella's voice boomed through my phone and I could hear the children laugh. "They are doing fine, Liv. You're on speaker, by the way. Rachel and Trisha wanted to hear your voice."

"How adorable," I squealed and tried not to gush at how incredibly amazing both my nieces were.

"You spoil them too much, Liv," Isabella whined and complained. I laughed and took the moment to keep my bag on the counter and remove my shoes. I then held the phone properly and continued my conversation with her.

"I so do not," I countered. "I just love them the way they deserve to be loved." The twins giggled and I could distinctly here how low toned they were and how that was all that was needed to have my heart melting.

"We love you, Aunt Liv," they yelled and I presumed they were right next to their mother, listening to our entire conversation.

I cooed, "I cannot wait to meet you both. I promise I'll come visit soon, okay? You both take good care of yourself and don't trouble your mother. Can you do that, Rachel? Trisha?"

"Yes, Aunt Liv," they chorused and I smiled lightly. They ever so cutely said their farewells and I could hear them running away and laughing. All throughout I couldn't help but wonder how childhood must have felt and how I'd do anything to live through that all over again.

"Isabella," I called out to her, hoping to get her attention from the twins. She quickly responded and her voice boomed, "Yeah?"

"I don't want to go for that party tonight," I mumbled. Isabella kept quiet for some time and then, said, "I don't think Xavier would like that."

Isabella and Ben hated Xavier. Yes, they did respect him but, when did respect ever have to be on the same level or corresponding to love? Xavier was the heir to the throne of Androsia and all of us did work for the royal family.

The hate cultivated only after Thanksgiving last year. Isabella did adore Xavier as a person till that day. He was kind and generous. After all, he genuinely loved me and so did I. I still do.

Xavier lashed out on me last Thanksgiving while we were alone in a room. He told me how I shouldn't have dragged him into this and how he wasn't as useless as I was. Isabella heard to every single word and good lord, she absolutely hated how he treated me.

The Thanksgiving dinner was extremely awkward. Ben sensed it and realised the silence was better than small awkward conversation. It was just Trisha and Rachel with their small bubbly talks and our half hearted laughter. Both Ben and Isabella tried talking me out of this whatever relationship I had with Xavier, after he left.

It wasn't as simple as they tried to make it. I loved Xavier. I still do. However, I was just scared of him. He scared me to a whole new level now. Every word I uttered, every gesture of mine was thought twice.

"Toxic," she said. Isabella defined our relationship as nothing but toxic. Ben sighed and told me that he'd be there for me irrespective of anything as the caring brother he is.

"You should tag Julia along with you. You wouldn't be bored either," Isabella's suggestion snapped me out of my trance.

"Now that, Xavier wouldn't like," I shrugged. I moved to the kitchen to pour myself a glass of apple juice. "But, I guess, I could sneak her in somehow."