08 | headlines & spotlight

0 8

HEADLINES & SPOTLIGHT

We had our love and hate on two sides of a razor blade.

════════════════

I STIRRED IN my bed, my mind still floating in its wonderland. I was exhausted, both mentally and physically, thanks to last night's drama at the party. The fresh sun rays poured in from my window and I groaned. I glanced at the time on the clock which was on the side table. 7:34. I had to get up now, if I had to make it on time for work. Mentally groaning a billion times, I covered myself under my sheets for some time.

"Olivia," Julia screamed as she rushed into my room. I let out a frustrated sigh, and untangled myself from the sheets. "Oh my god, Olivia, you need to see this."

She stretched her hand out and shoved the newspaper into my face. I choked as I read the headlines.

HEARTTHROB PRINCE DATING GIRL NEXT DOOR

As reported by Patrick Easton
10 October, 2017

The Androsian Express reports that Androsia's beloved prince is in fact taken and has been secretly dating Olivia Knight, a doctor at the Androsian National Hospital, for months now. According to one of the sources, Xavier is "happier than he's ever been when he is with her" and "she's the one."

The royal family has already been introduced to Olivia and she has been approved into the family. Sources say that Gabriella treats her as her own daughter.

During our interview with Xavier the previous night, he mentioned how Olivia is everything perfect. Counsellor Anthony Mark Greene teases Xavier, "We should be expecting a princess soon." Xavier notably turned "red" and was clearly embarrassed. Oh, Xavier. Looks like our prince is finally in love.

"How am I supposed to go out, now?" I whined. I stuffed my face into my bed covers and screamed. Julia chuckled and sat next to me.

"So, this is what happened last night?" Julia enquired. I sadly nodded and replied, "Along with the revelation that I'm not available, spread to everyone in the whole Androsia, including Taehyung."

"No, he didn't," Julia gasped.

"Yes, he did."

"Did you know of this? Did he tell you that he was going to announce this at the party?"

"No.

"Damn, woman. Did he just really do that? How the hell is he our prince?" Julia gritted out.

I glanced at the clock on my side table. 7:48. I pulled my bedcover away and got up, walking towards the bathroom. Julia looked at me and smirking, she said, "So, you are going today."

"I have to. I can't cut a day's work because of this stupid news." I walked into the shower. Julia screamed from outside, "You could always sit back at home, you know. Come and help me at the café. Only if you were not such a workaholic."

"You wish," I laughed. My toes flinched as they touched the chilled ceramic floor, when I stepped into the shower. I turned it on and felt the water slowly heating up as the water began hitting my skin. There is an absolutely different kind of joy with hot showers because as the water drips down my side, my mind seems to be given the permission to analyse everything, to seek comfort in its own calculations. And when the water hits my bruises, I instantly wince and quickly slip back into my thoughts - thoughts on why Xavier does this to me when we were in love, or if it wasn't, how long were we going to play to this illusion. For that's what hot showers, with steam arising, does - pleasure. Pleasure of things to be and the endless possibilities our mind takes us to.