09 | friendships & feelings

0 9

FRIENDSHIPS & FEELINGS

We all have our moments. Not all of us are happy all the time, nor are we sad all the time. It's somewhere in between. Our perfect equilibrium.

════════════════

PARK JIMIN IN all his lifetime with Kim Taehyung had never seen his best friend like this. Couped up in his room, Taehyung had been working tirelessly for hours together now.

Jimin knocked on the door and slowly pushed the door open. The room was lit dimly, and the only distinct light that actually lit the room came from Taehyung's laptop - the one he has been furiously typing on.

"Hey," Jimin mumbled, walking closer to Taehyung's desk. Taehyung lifted his head to look at Jimin, only to look back at his laptop and work.

"You haven't eaten dinner yet, Tae."

"I don't want dinner."

"You can't skip dinner, Tae. You skipped lunch too in the name of work," Jimin huffed. He was frustrated, honestly. He just did not get why Taehyung was overworking himself.

Taehyung did not reply to Jimin, with a hope that his best friend would really understand his lack of appetite today.

Jimin slowly did. His eyes darting across Taehyung's table only to land on the newspaper sprawled on that. His eyes lingered on that for a while as he read the headlines.

Olivia. That's why he was so worked up.

"Hey, Tae," Jimin tried started up a conversation again. Taehyung hummed in response. Jimin quickly grabbed a chair that was closest to him and sat on it.

"You know that she didn't seem that happy about it, yesterday, right?" Taehyung's head snapped quickly as soon as he heard his best friend talk about her. His eyes widened and Jimin swore that in that moment, Taehyung looked no better than a helpless puppy.

"She's dating Xavier, Jimin," Taehyung said, his voice so low that it had turned magnitudes huskier.

"And do you think she's happy in that relationship?"

Taehyung replied with a silence because the truth is everyone with two eyes could see that Olivia was being suffocated in that relationship and oh, didn't Taehyung want to save her! However, Olivia seemed very incompetent and insistent on believing in the illusion of a happy relationship.

"That silence answered everything hopefully," Jimin smiled and stood up. He ran his fingers through his hair, pushing his hair slightly upwards. "Now, come and eat dinner. I'm hungry."

Taehyung nodded, giving a one last glance at the daily newspaper, before throwing it down onto the ground and shut his laptop.

"That's my boy," Jimin cheered and whistles and Taehyung merely shot him a look as he mumbled, "I'm not your boy, you moron."

Jimin simply smiled and waited for Taehyung to get moving so that they could finally have some dinner that night.

════════════════

"I AM SO glad you don't have duty today," Julia exclaimed as she stood behind the counter at Café Edwardico. The birds chirped and the weather was beautiful. The morning seemed lively enough and I couldn't help but agree that I was glad too that I didn't have duty today.