Chapter 10 (Cal POV)

I got Mare's invite. Looking at it almost makes me sick. I don't think I can open it. I just pace around my room, wondering how on earth I let her go. She should be here, with me. Her family refuses to talk to me. They know she did it for me and that because of it, she might not see them again. They also think that me and Maven are plotting together to end her life. At least that's what Daniel thinks. Ruth and Bree received an invitation to go help Mare prepare for the wedding and they left an hour ago. I have nothing better to do so I grab the envelope and rip it open. As I read the note inside, I feel tears forming around the corners of my eyes. How could I let her do this for me? I would give up everything I ever had to be with her. But she's made up her mind. We both know that this is what's best for our nation. I need to see her. To talk to her. I had decided not to go but thinking about it now I need to. She needs me. And even if we can't be together, we should still be there for each other.
How I'll get the to palace, I don't know. I'll probably end up hitchhiking my way there on different ships. I don't tell anyone that I'm leaving. I just go. I take bare essentials. And I guess I could wait and leave for the wedding with the rest of her family, but I feel like I'm not with them. I'm going for a different reason and I should get there on my own. I hope she's happy to see me.

This took a while for me to write and edit but here it is finally. this chapters really short and kinda sucks. For me, its a lot easier to write from Mare's POV than Cal's. My school just started back up and I've got like 8 million things to do to updates will probs be less frequent but I'll try to get stuff out whenever I can. Anyway hope u enjoy     - Just Jules