Chapter 47 (Mare POV)

"I would put it up a little bit higher. Maybe a bit the the left as well. It doesn't look quite centered." The two servant up on ladders apply my corrections to our banner and come down.
"Ok, so the ice sculptures are gonna be here in about a week and the table for them is right over there," I say, pointing towards a long, elegant table on the side of the ballroom. "Let me now when they're delivered so I can check that they're correct." The servants nod and leave the room. The only other thing on my list is catering. I've decided on a company but not any specific meals. I have a tasting session soon but it's not quite yet. So I have nothing to do. Quietly, I slip out of the ballroom and take the elevator up. The hallway is empty as usual. I open my first door on my left. It's Cal's old room. They never really cleared it out. His old clothes hang in the closet. His books are scattered across his desk. I walk over to it. There are still papers half written. Letters unfinished. I don't read them. I don't want to know what they say. So instead I lay down in his bed and pull the blankets around me. They remind me of him. I want to cry but I can't. So I just lie there thinking about him and everything I pushed away. We could've had an amazing life. But things never go as planned. So here we are. I can't mourn our love forever. I'll hold on as long as I can. But at some point, I have to let go. You always end up letting go.

This is late and bad and short and full of typos I'm really sorry. I've had some writers block with this story but I'm back on track now. Thank you guys for reading! - Just Jules