Chapter 20 (Cal POV)

Two weeks later

I'm staying at a small hotel in a little town near the palace. I don't know what I'm supposed to do now. I've lost everything I ever wanted. Six months ago, we were fighting Maven and it looked like we were winning. And one day I just laid in my bed and thought about my future. I could see it all with Mare. She'd be such a good mother and I know we'd both find jobs that we loved. We'd move into a small house and raise our children together. I could see it all so vividly. And now, I can't see anything. Thinking about my future makes me feel awful, but thinking about Mare's makes me physically ill. She's going to grow old with Maven. They'll most likely have children together and they'll run the nation together. As King and Queen, they'll do everything together. And I'll be that one guy she vaguely remembers but stops thinking about. I'll never stop thinking about her. I wish she would call me. I wish I could call her. When she didn't call the day after the wedding, I smashed my phone to pieces.

I'd give anything to talk to her.

I'll never move on.

I love her more than words can describe.

I always have and always will.

What will I do without her?

Writing this makes me rly sad. Even though this won't be published for a bit, I wrote it on Valentine's Day, so happy Valentine's Day guys! 💖💘💝 Thx for reading!  - Just Jules