Chapter 24 (Cal POV)

"Yeah, we'll have four shots of vodka." I'm at a bar. I've been here for awhile. I can't really tell exactly how long. All I know is that I'm definitely drunk. The bartender and none of the people here recognize me as Tiberias Calore, former prince of Norta. And everyone here is way too drunk to notice that I lit the girl next to me's cigarette with my finger.  I've been talking to this girl since I got here. She's wearing a short red dress and I'm not ashamed to say I noticed how tight it was as soon as she walked in. The bartender pours our shots and pushes them across the bar to us. Both of us quickly grab and drink. The alcohol burns a little bit going down but not so much so that I'm not gonna drink the other shot I ordered in a minute or two. I still can't believe she hasn't called or written or anything. It hurts and the only way out was to drink. The girl is talking but her speech is slurred and my hearing is impaired. It occurs to me that I don't even know her name. She's another one of the nameless faces I've interacted with since the wedding. No person has meaning besides for Mare. And all I know is that I can't see her and I probably won't see her ever again. The girl taps me on the shoulder and I turn back to her.
"Stuff on your mind?" she asks.
"You could say that I guess. That kinda why I'm here." She nods, and I can tell she understands. "Girl trouble?" I nod before picking up the other shot and downing it.
"Why are you here then?" I question, wanting to take the attention off me and my problems.
"Don't worry about it. I'm leaving soon anyway." She answers. Before I can ask why she's leaving or insist that she tell me why she's here, she leans towards me and gives me a quick kiss on the lips. She lingers for a second by my face. She whispers, "Have a good rest of the night, your majesty," before quickly turning and walking out the door before I can even process what she said. As I turn back to the bartender for another drink, I notice she left her number on the table.

I actually hate myself for not finding time to work on this story. Im rly sorry. Also this chapter is kinda weird and depressing but don't worry, it'll get better. Thx for your patience! - just jules