Chapter 8 Part 1

Chapter 8 Part 1

Camp Half-Blood had a nice ring to it. 

Percy and Thalia came back, and like Jason had done before, Percy carried me bridal style, taking me off the beach.  I mean, I might as well not walk in silence, right? 

“Son of Poseidon?” 

“Yeah.  It’s cool, I guess.  By the way, you said you had two parents, right?”

  I nodded.  “Did either your mom or your dad ever tell you that they weren’t your biological parent?” 

“No..”  I started.  “Hey, I know where you’re going with this. You think my parents are lying to me.” 

He shrugged.  “Wouldn’t be the first time.” 

We came out into a clearing with strange arrangement of cabins, if you could even call them that.  It was a circle of building, centered around a little hearth.  The building were all different, too-two huge buildings at the end with huge white columns, and at the opposite side, and very dark building with green fire torches.  It looked pretty sick. 

“These are the cabins,” Percy explained.  “Whichever Olympian parent you have is the cabin you live in.  I live over there, in Cabin Three.”  He gestured to his left with his head, seeing he was carrying me and wouldn’t let go to point. 

It was a low building, and looked like it was made of seashells and other... sea items.  I pointed at the dark building, and asked which god’s cabin that was. 

“Hades,”  Percy replied, though he didn’t sound too happy about it.  “My friend Hazel stays there when she visits from Camp Jupiter.  She’s a daughter of Pluto.” 

“Aren’t Hades and Pluto the same thing?” 

“Kind of.  I don’t know how it works, but they have different personalities or something.”  I nodded. 

There were people anywhere from 11 to 20, all wearing the uniformed orange t-shirt, and they were doing your usual camp things with a few extra twists. 

Wherever Percy was taking me, we went past a lot.  There was blacksmith’s forgery, and people were welding different metals to make swords, knifes, and other weapons. 

Fun. 

Inside, I could see a guy laughing really loud, annoying the hell out of the people I could see.  Now that’s my kind of person right there.  Anybody that’s having fun while annoying the shit out of other people is the person I want to be around. 

People looked at us as we past by, just a glance that turned into a second glance, which lead to staring.  What?  Have they never seen a guy carrying a girl with broken legs before? 

I mean, they carry weapons and are the children of beings that shouldn’t exist, so they must have seen some weirder things than that.

We finally walked into a house, a large house that overlooked the entire camp.  It was a couple stories to it, and it looked older. We walked up the wooden steps, creaking  with every inch.  We walked through the hallway, different rooms with empty space.  I heard talking, and a door in front of us was ajar, only slightly. 

Percy stepped right up to it, and banged his head on the door.  I stifled a laugh.  He winked at me.

  Whoever was talking stopped, and the door swung open.  Standing (well, sitting) in front of me was a middle aged man with a beard sitting in a wheelchair.  For a moment, he looked startled, then he looked at Percy. 

“I’m guessing the usual orientation video won’t suffice?”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I figured I would end on a good "OMG It's Chiron!!!!" moment.