Chapter 27

Chapter 27

After Leo produced the McDonald’s Nico had requested, (Which was actually really soggy and disgusting), Percy helped him dig a hole in the seafloor.  

Nico obviously didn’t want any of Percy’s help, but Percy wasn’t going to take no for an answer.  I offered to help with his scheme, because everyone seemed to know what was happening except for me.  

Nico waved me off.  “You’re looking on to observe and know what to do so you can do it in the future.”  

At that point, I was thoroughly confused.  “What exactly am I learning what to do?  You said summon the dead?  Seriously?”  

Nico grinned.  It was really creepy, him standing there with a manic fire in his eyes.  “You’ll see.”  Was all he said.   

It looked like Nico had just began standing around doing absolutely nothing, but he wasn’t by any means.  He started chanting in Ancient Greek, something about the ‘dead will rise.’  

He was seriously starting to freak me out.  “N-nico, what are you-”  

Mist began to acclimate and fill the seafloor, although I don’t know how you could get mist underwater.  “I hate this part,”  Percy murmured under his breath.  

Ghostly figures started to appear on all sides of the little hole, getting closer.  Percy kept the ghosts at bay, warding them off with his sword’s light.  

“If anyone knows about Erebos’s plan, please come.”  Nico called to seemingly the ghosts, “Come forward and drink.”  

One misty shape knelt forward and drank from the little hole in the sea.  When it stood up, it took the form of a girl about 13.  She wore camo pants, a silvery jacket, and a floppy green cap on her head.  She looked exactly like Nico.  

“Bianca?”  Nico exclaimed.  “I thought you chose to be reborn!”  

Bianca smiled. “Hey Nico. I decided to stay.  I thought you would know.  I told Annabeth last time she was in the Underworld remoldeling.”  Nico turned to look at Annabeth.  Instead of anger, which i expected because he was already jealous,  his eyes shone with betrayal.  Annabeth hung her head.  Bianca’s eyes flickered to me then back to her brother.  “You’ve gotten bigger.  We could be twins now.”  

Nico nodded, his eyes sad.  “You could come back!  Thanatos still owes for that whole-”  Bianca cut him off with tears threatening to spill out of her eyes.  Nico immediately stopped talking.  She turned back towards me. 

 “Who’s this?”  She asked, staring into my eyes. 

Nico’s voice was hollow.  “This is Cyrena, and she’s um, my sister.”  

The corners of Bianca’s mouth twitched in a wisp of a smile.  “Nice to meet you.  I guess you’re my sister too.”  

I nodded.  “A pleasure to meet you.”  Bianca grinned and turned to Percy. 

“Hello, Percy Jackson.  Protecting my brother well?”  Percy nodded.  He almost looked as sad as Nico. 

 “Good.  Now, why is it that you have summoned me here?”  

Nico sighed.  “We need some information.”  

Bianca didn’t miss a beat.  “You speak of Erebos and the children of the Night.” 

 Now I was really paying attention.  “Do you know what’s going on?”  I asked, almost stumbling over my words.  

Did Nico’s dead sister really have the answers for absolutely everything we needed?  She shrugged.  “All I know is that they’re forming ranks down in Tartarus, away from all of us.  But the even the ghosts have noticed something’s up.  We can feel it under us.”  

I shuddered.  If there really were ranks forming in Tartarus from what Bianca and Percy’s dad had said, we were seriously screwed.  “So, does this mean we have to like, stop them before they get out?” 

 At this point, I was just confirming what Poseidon said.  Bianca nodded.  “The ghosts have been talking.  Apparently, they’re setting up camp on the real Mount Olympus in Greece.  You’ll have to stop it there.”  

“Thank you, Bianca,”  Nico said softly.  

It really hurt him to be able to see his sister but not be able to touch her, like give her a hug.  All Nico wanted was his family. That’s something I could never give to him. 

“You’re Welcome, little bro.”  She attempted to ruffle his hair, but her hand went straight through his head.  From the look on both of their faces, Nico hadn’t felt anything.  

“Goodbye.  I’ll talk to you at some point.”  Nico said hoarsely.  

She nodded in encouragement.  “Thanks, Bianca.  I’m sorry I never got to meet you officially.”  Annabeth said.  

She may not have known her, but the look on her face said otherwise.  “I’ll let you know we’re all right.”  Percy confirmed.  

Bianca smiled.  “It was nice seeing you all.  Nice meeting you, Cyrena.”  She faded back into the mist that was the other ghosts, fighting to break free.  

Nico chanted again, and the mist dissipated, the spirits going back to the Underworld.   It was quiet.  Nobody spoke, and the tension was so thick you could cut it with a wire.  Annabeth was the first to speak.  

“Nico, I swear-”  Nico cut her off with a glare.  The words died in her throat.  

I had never seen Annabeth look so hurt.  Nico stormed off.  

Immediately, Leo sat down.  I looked at him in bewilderment.  “Are you kidding me?  Why are you sitting down?  We have to get to the Mediterranean!” 

 Leo stared up at me.  “We can’t leave until Nico comes back.  He’s our ride, remember?  Besides, I already went to the Mediterranean under some not-so-nice circumstances, so I’m not going to hurry to get there.”  

My cheeks felt hot.  That was embarrassing.  I plopped my butt down next to him, sighing.  I puffed out my cheeks.  I looked over at Percy, who was awkwardly trying to comfort Annabeth as she looked distressed, and reasonably so.  

“And.... We wait.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry. Another shortish chapter.  I really hope you guys enjoy the story and where it is right now.  I think I'm like a little more than halfway done, And I'm considering a sequel.  Maybe.

Thank you so much for 700 reads!

Vote, Read, Comment, Tell your friends!:)

Thank you!