Chapter 22

Chapter 22

I found a nice beach chair that the resort provided, and decided to just lay out by the water.  It was nice and relaxing, getting away from all the stress.  The waves sounded calm, and the water was absolutely beautiful.  You could hear families laughing and having fun on their vacation.  

Even in the sand, I could hear footsteps walk up to my place under the cabana.  

“Leo, I thought you would stay asleep forever.”  I smiled, opening eyes while squinting at the sun.  

The person smirking at me was definitely not Leo.  It was a guy about college age, with a really attractive face and blond hair.  He looked like a stereotypical California boy.  

Tan, cocky, attractive.  Did I already say that? 

 “Um, may I ask who you are and what you’re doing in my cabana?”  I asked.  

It was a little rude no matter how attractive he was, to get into my private space.  The guy just smiled.  

“Sun’s hot today isn’t it?  You’re welcome.  I figured you could use a tan.”  

The hairs stood up on the back of my neck.  This guy definitely wasn’t a mortal.  

“And what was the name of the guy you thought I was earlier?  Leo?  Please don’t tell me you’re crushing on that Hephaestus dude.”  

I shot up and backed away.  I had no clue who this guy was, but he was really starting to freak me out with all the talk about the immortals.  

Then I managed to put it together.  The way he talked about the sun... 

“Apollo?  God of the sun?”  I guessed, looking at him intently. 

“And don’t forget poetry, medicine, prophecy, music.  They’re some of my greatest assets.”  He grinned and winked at me.  

“Um, no like disrespect or anything, but why are you here?”  

Apollo sat down on the chair next to me and shrugged. “Who knows.  Guess I just wanted to let you know that you an never trust friends, no matter how close they are to you.”  

“So, you’re telling me that someone on this quest is a traitor?”  Once again, which really annoyed me, he shrugged.  

“Possibly.  Or maybe they don’t even know it yet.”  

What does that even mean?  I was starting to get extremely angry.  Nothing annoys me more than a cocky boy. 

“Listen, could you stop being a dick and tell me what the hell you mean?”  

My foul choice of words didn’t seem to faze him.  He just laughed and snapped his fingers, leaving me looking at air as I sat in the sun.