Chapter 13

Chapter 13

He was dressed in an aviator’s jacket, with ripped up black jeans and ratty black converses.  His hair was long, kind of sticking up in the back. He lowered his sword and looked at Percy, breathing heavily.  Nico glared at him. 

 “Nico! Thanks man!”  Percy gave Nico a bear hug, and I could swear I saw Nico blush bright red. 

 “Percy,”  He muttered.  “Get off of me.”  Percy let go.  

“Nico,”  Annabeth said from behind.  “Please tell me you were headed towards camp.”  

Nico rolled his eyes.  “Where else would I be going?  The Underworld isn’t in Maryland, you know.”  

“Logically, it is under Maryland.”  

The look in Nico’s eyes said ‘I want to murder you.’  He smiled faintly.  “ I guess a daughter of Athena would know that.”  He muttered. 

 I didn’t want to be anywhere near him, seeing he held a sword to my throat. “Did you get Hazel’s message?” 

 “Leo ended up calling me and Hazel, trying to get us both there.  I figured if Leo was told to talk to me it’s important.”  

“Nico, you already know that someone’s looking for you, you can’t hide it.”  Annabeth looked at him quizzically, as if trying to tell him that she’s right.  

Nico’s shoulders slumped.  “They took my identity.  I ran into Eurystheus coming out the Underworld in Central Park.  He did something to me.  I woke up in a huge cavern with Eurystheus standing in front of me.”

 Percy looked confused, like he had no idea who the hell Nico was talking about.  Annabeth nodded grimly, already knowing what he was saying.  “I was next to this girl and I didn’t know who the hell she was, she said she was my friend but I doubt it.” 

 Obviously he hadn’t noticed me, or he would’ve regarded me pretty coldly.  Annabeth glanced at me, and Percy cleared his throat.  Nico didn’t show any signs of catching their drift, because he kept talking. 

 “-I mean, I’m pretty sure I would’ve noticed if I was friends with someone, I don’t have many, and-”  

“Nico,” Nico looked at Percy, annoyed.  

“What?”  He snapped. “I was talking.”  Percy looked over at me.  Nico followed his gaze.   His eyes narrowed.  

“You. What are you doing here?”  

“I uhm.. go to Camp Half-Blood, I guess.”  He looked at Annabeth.  “How long has she been there?”  He asked.  He sounded angry.    I realized that he was angry at me, and that made me weary, I knew how powerful he was.  

“According to her.. six hours.”  

Now, he looked at Percy. “Who is she?”  Okay.  Don’t ask me.  Pretend I’m not here.  That’s cool.  

“Came in with Thalia and Jason.  Said you tried to kill her.”  He looked at Nico with a patronizing look, like he was his mother or something.  Nico glared at me.  

“I didn’t know who you were.  I woke up in a strange room surrounded by monsters and a girl I had never met, what was I supposed to do?  Give her candy and send her on her way?”  

“So I’m guessing Leo didn’t tell you on the Iris-message?”  Annabeth said.  

“Tell me what?”  

Annabeth and Percy both looked at me, as if they thought I would be the best person to tell him something.  I didn’t know what they were trying to get me to say, so I kind of just shrugged and gestured for them to keep talking.