Chapter 31

Chapter 31

We filled Leo and Nico in on the details, which turned out to be a lot less horrifying when you actually said it out loud.  Leo came over and sat down next to me, and put his hand on my back.  

“Are you sure you’re all right?”  

“Yeah,”  I lied, my voice cracked.  “Totally fine.  No need to worry about me.”  

Leo laughed.  “It’s my job to worry about you.  Don’t you know that by now?”  I blushed.  

We sat in the center in the market for a pretty long time, eating food with Annabeth’s emergency credit card, which was seemingly international.  I don’t think the food vendors would have minded that much if we used American money.  

The food was great, I will say.  We ate in silence.  I think we were all pretty much wiped.  Leo sat next to me and didn’t eat anything.  I offered him a piece of my chicken, but he refused.  

He sat looking at a crack in the table, completely zoning out. Something was definitely up with him, but I didn’t want to say anything to upset him. I knew the feeling that you didn’t want to be talked to. It happened to me a lot the past couple of years.  

“So, Nico.”  Percy mumbled with his mouth full.  “Are we ready for another shadow jump?”  

Nico shrugged.  “We’re close enough that we would probably have to go straight to Calypso’s Island.  I don’t know how you usually get there.  We might have to use that method of transportation.”  

“Oh gods.  Seriously?”  Leo groaned.  Percy didn’t look too happy either.  

“How did you guys get there?”  

I covered my mouth.  Shit.  Annabeth didn’t know.  Percy just nodded his head reassuringly and mouthed I already told her.  I relaxed.  

“I’m pretty sure we got there the same way.”  Percy explained.  

He looked at Leo questioningly.  “Blown off the ship by a goddess.”  Leo stated. 

 Percy nodded. “Blown off of an exploding Mount Saint Helens.”  

I put my head in my hands.  “Seriously?  We have to get blown up to get there?” 

 “I’m pretty sure everybody gets to Ogygia the same way. With the exclusion of Odysseus, who just kind of showed up.”  Nico explained.  

“How the Hades are we supposed to blow ourselves up?”  Percy questioned.  That was a question to be pondered.  

Annabeth snapped her fingers.  “Are you guys kidding me?  Do you even know what they sell at markets nowadays?”  

I stared at her in bewilderment.  I had absolutely no clue what she was talking about. It kind of made no sense.  

She sighed.  “Usually, they sell gun ammunition.  But since that can’t blow us high enough in the air, we need something a little more powerful.” 

 I looked at her with the same expression on my face.  

“Circe’s stand?  Did you notice the writing on the sides of some of the crates?  It was magic.  Drop those crates the wrong way and-” 

 “Ka-boom.”  Nico finished.  Annabeth nodded in agreement.  

“So, all we have to do is go back to where Circe was camping out and take her magic crates and drop them on the ground?  Won’t the explosion kill mortals?”  

Annabeth shook her head.  “No.  Mortals are too unimportant for magic to affect.”  

“Then what are we waiting for?”  Leo questioned.  

“Cyrena’s approval. This is technically her quest.”  Everyone’s eyes turned to me.  

I rolled my eyes.  “Do you guys seriously think I’d say no?”  

Annabeth contemplated that, and we set off in the direction of the stand.  When we got there, I noticed the ten to fifteen boxes with the writing on them.  Carefully and tenderly, we picked them up.  

“Make sure we’re all holding hands or touching each other in some way, or we won’t all make it there.”  Nico reminded. 

 I linked my legs around Leo’s, and one of my hands in Percy’s.  

“Wait, won’t this hurt us?”  I asked.  

Annabeth shrugged.  “Maybe.  Probably.  Let’s just hope it doesn’t kill us.  Now!”  

Without giving me the chance to respond, she dropped her crate, and so did everyone else.  There was a flash of white, and searing heat enveloped my body.  

All I could feel was weightlessness and Percy’s hand as we free fell towards the earth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, so this is really short because it's a filler.  Expect a longer chapter next time I update, which might take me a little while, so give me time.  

Read, Vote, Comment, Tell your friends!:)

Thank you!:)