8| Oh, Family

Mariah's POV

After a whole day of annoyance from Scorpio, he left my room. It's a new day, today and the kiss wouldn't leave my head. How could I do that? That was totally not me. But it still happened and I don't know what to think about it. I mean, I thought I was over him but now that he broke up with his girlfriend, do I still want to be with him? He seems like he's interested in me.

No, he's just doing that to make me feel better.

I guess that's why I've never had any luck in my years of love. Who could love me? I've got rough, kinky hair that's never manageable which is why I always have my hair in braids. The fat on my thighs and stomach jiggles slightly when I take a step. Even though I wouldn't be classified as fat, I feel like it. I hate the way my boobs aren't up and perky the way Jess's are. I hate the way my butt protrudes when I wear jeans, leggings or dresses. I hate how far apart my eyes are and I hate how my lips are more pouted than others. I hate myself.

Maybe I should just wallow in my misery. There's no class today so what's the point of going outside. I laid on my stomach and with my head on a pillow so that I could look at my phone. It was a text from 'Sexy Hispanic motherf*****'. Scorpio.

Good morning babygirl. I'll pick you up at 10 for our day together. Wear something tight 😏

Hmm. I had absolutely no plans today so why not? The time now was 9:30 so I headed to the showers.

"Hey, Mariah." It was Katalina. "Where'd ya friend go?"

"She went to Wales on scholarship but she'll be back for Christmas."

She raised her eyebrows, impressed. "Man, she gotta be a real smart ass, huh?" She clicked her tongue. "Ah, well. I'll check ya, later." As she left, she winked and nodded her head at me. I brushed my teeth before heading towards the cleaning machine.

Laughing, I stepped into a cubicle and lather the soap on my body, humming Party by Chris Brown and Usher. As I rinsed off, I found myself whipping and dropping but I was too caught up in my mind to know that someone had entered the bathroom. I heard sniggering so I turned the water off and called out.

"Hello?"

"Hi." A voice said before the shower curtain was pulled back to reveal about 4 boys with their phones out.

Quickly, I faced the shower head and sat with my knees up to my chest so that they could see as little as possible. Reaching for the tap, I shifted to my knees. The water would blur me out a bit. Right now, I wanted to cry. Because stupid boys now had inappropriate pictures of me when it wasn't my intention.

"Hey!" A different voice boomed out, which silenced the laughing. "What do you guys think you're doing?" I know this voice. It was Josiah.

"Woah, chill, dude. We're just playing." The first voice spoke out.

"Give me your phones." I heard clanking of metal before Josiah spoke again. "I want all these photos deleted. Don't you dare share them, Mason. Your phone is the only one locked. You boys can play, but not with her. She doesn't deserve any of that. Especially since she's with Scorpio. You don't touch her. You don't mess with her. Now, get out."

Their feet shuffled as they exited the girls' bathroom and I sighed in relief. Looking to my side, Josiah was still here which puzzled me.

"Here's your towel." He handed it to me. I took it gladly and wrapped it around my body before standing up.

"Thank you."