22| Oh, Traphouse

Mariah's POV

Nightfall had come and I was scared. Shaking, really. Who knows what would happen to a church girl in the middle of the night?

"Hey, come on."

I followed Scorpio outside to his motorcycle, putting on the helmet and getting on. The engine roared and we were soon on the road. Leaning my head on his back, I appreciated the blurry pictures of side buildings and light, feeling my hair fly in the wind. The speed accelerated—luckily the road was practically empty—making me grab onto him even tighter. We made a slight turn, stirring the butterflies inside my stomach. I'm still not used to this death trap.

He entered a garage that morphed into a parking lot at the back, stopping at a reserved area. Scorpio got off first before lifting me up and off the seat. After taking the helmet off my head, he started smoothing down my hair and tucked it behind my hair.

"I'm scared."

"I know you are, babygirl. But don't be, okay." He joined our foreheads and lightly held my waist. "I'll make sure your safe but please, remember this. Do not let anyone talk to you or touch you. If they do, just say you're Lucifer's girl. If you somehow get lost, you go to the bar and ask for Kat. Tell her the same thing, you're Lucifer's girl. She'll lead you to where I am. But please, just don't let go of my hand."

I nodded at his instructions and let him lead me into the place. As I looked around, I noticed that this place was crowded. Blue and purple UV lights set the mood for the dim room. Trap music blasted through the speakers and by what I'm guessing, strippers were in cages suspended high in the air with acrobat dancers spread around the place on top of wet platforms. On one side were a bunch of models walking up and down a runway—some sitting in designated spaces— with mirrors on one side—the floor was also covered in a thin layer of water. I located the bar easily, but what caught my eye was the boxing ring in the middle of it all. A bright white LED light shone from above the ring, with a few fanatics around the ring. Aside the ring were women who collected money from betters and in the ring were two men knocking the lights out of each other.

Since the bar was circular, we rounded it to enter through the flap door. Scorpio felt around the cylinder and pushed a certain spot that opened a trap door on the ground. He led me down the steps and took some turns before we stood in front of a large door. He opened it and smoke escaped, making me cough haphazardly. A man on a leather couch was seated smoking something huge with a pretty girl beside him.

"Lucifer!" He shouted. "Hey guys, The Devil's here."

A bunch of scruffy men in suits stopped whatever they were doing and came to surround Scorpio and I.

"And I see you've brought a friend. Is this the girl you were talking about?" The man asked the one I saw earlier today. "How are you, darling? My name's Biggie. I've heard some stuff about you."

What stuff has he heard? The way he said it was like he knew something I didn't. My mouth was shut which seemed to anger him.

"Can't you speak? What, Lucifer, this b**** mute?"

Scorpio tightened his grip on my hand and glared at Biggie. "She's not a b****."

"If she's not that, then what? One of your h***s." I looked at Scorpio at the man's statement. One of his h**s. I didn't know he had h**s.

"You have h**s?"

At the same time Biggie said 'Yes.', Scorpio looked at me with wide eyes and shouted, "No!"

I narrowed my eyes at him before stepping back. Looking down, I noticed that he wouldn't let go of my hand. "Let me go."

"No. Don't listen to him."