21| Oh, Don't

Mariah's POV

"Mariah!"

I jolted awake by the cold trail on my legs and immediately wiped it away. "Scorpio!"

"Stop dreaming about me."

I glared at him, getting up to go slap him. I'm glad to say, he didn't even see it coming and got his face whipped to the side. "Ow." He reveled while I fixed my robe and went to the mini bathroom.

What I saw in the mirror was my skin imprinted with deep purple marks on my neck, my stomach, my nipples... I don't even know how that happened. Why do my thighs hurt so much? I looked down and spread my thighs to find multiple purple bite marks near that area. Turning around, my eyes almost popped out of my head when I saw very noticeable man handprints on the back of my thighs and my bum. Suddenly, I whined. "Scorpio!"

"Yes?" His disheveled hair appeared first followed by his face with mischief written all over it. "Damn..." His dark eyes intensely fixated on my bare bum as he licked his lips in reflex.

"Eyes up here." I kinda snapped and dropped the robe over my back, tying it back up. "See what you did?"

"I'm sorry." He walked closer to me but I pushed him away and guided us out to my bed. "But what did you expect? I mean, it was like... I was starving and your taste was my salvation. It was hunger I couldn't contain, a hunger that brought out the animal in me. I needed you closer because no matter how much I got, you tasted so delicious, I wasn't satisfied." Scorpio definitely had a way with words.

"Wow. Um..." I felt myself pulled to him, getting urged to jump up. I did so, wrapping my legs around his waist and welcoming his hands on my backside.

"I want more."

"Right now?"

"Yes, babygirl."

"We've got to get ready for the day."

He sighed and smiled at me. "Okay. Sorry, I wasn't thinking straight. Let's go shower."

He set me down on the bed and walked out the door in a flash, leaving me feeling a bit down. I didn't mean to disappoint him. Maybe I need to do something for him. Just to say 'I appreciate you'. But what?

I gathered myself for my shower and exited my room. The hot water was a bit painful as it landed on the marks on my body but I welcomed it. In half an hour, I was done and returned to my room, half expecting Scorpio to have disappeared along with the stuff he came with. I guess my expectations were lived up to because the room was empty without a trace of Scorpio in it. Oh my God, I really let him down.

I put on a black bandeau and black sweatpants, letting my black Calvin Klein waistband visible. A tear dropped from my eye and I silently cursed. "Don't cry, Mariah. It's pathetic." Swiftly, I wiped the drop of salty liquid and started my makeup routine. Maybe I should put on a nose ring today...the crystal hoop will do. I finished my face and completed the look with some crystal earrings.

Getting my bag, I opened the door, only to be shoved back by a big man. "Get on the bed."

I complied, getting myself comfortable. "Who are you?"

"Your boyfriend's friend."

"He doesn't have friends. He said there's too many snakes in the world."

"Yeah, well. I'm an exception." He smiled a gold gleam. Well, fake gold. "I've got a message for him. Tell Lucifer that we've got a meeting tonight and he better not ditch like last time." He caressed my cheek. "We wouldn't want his little lady getting hurt now, would we?"