24| Oh, Him

Jessica^^ she's like, goals✨

Mariah's POV

We went back to his apartment after we relaxed a bit more and had one last dip in the sea. It was still the same, the only difference, if possible: it looked cleaner. He let me enter his bedroom first and followed soon after, putting down his stuff.

"I'm gonna shower." The way he looked at me when he said that was like an invitation. As if he was daring me.

"Okay."

When he disappeared into the bathroom, I let out a breath I was holding. We went back to bed, firstly changing the sheets and drifted off, spooning. I had one of the best dreams ever.

After waking up, he drove me back to campus and told me that he'd be back in an hour. In that space of time, I managed to shower and dress up, getting ready for a hardcore study session. Scorpio joined me moments after, each of us immersing our minds with information overload.

My phone rang, making both of us look towards it then to each other. "Answer it."

"But I don't know who it is."

"Then you'll find out." Scorpio looked into my eyes, daring me to take it.

"What are you going to do?"

"Nothing."

I didn't trust him one bit.

With the phone next to my ear, I greeted the unknown person. "Mariah Sterling?"

I know that British accent anywhere. "Nathan?! Oh my Gosh, how are you?"

"I'm good. I received your letter and I'm very flattered."

"Um, you're welcome. When are you coming back to the US?"

"Very soon. I'm coming for the summer vacation. You're going to Coachella, right?"

I actually hadn't thought about it. I'd heard of it but never got a chance to go. "I hope so, this year."

"Well, how about you go with me?"

I turned my head to look at Scorpio who had a blank look on his face. "Um, I've got a boyfriend. His name's Scorpio."

"Oh, um, well, this is embarrassing. My apologies Mariah, I had no idea."

"No, it's fine, Nathan. I mean we can meet each other at Coachella. I'll introduce you to Scorpio. He's really different from you. Like the complete opposite."

"Really? I mean, not to brag but, I'm perfect. If he's the complete opposite of me, how did your parents take it?"

Silence.

"They don't know, do they?"

"Yup. And I don't think I want to."

"Mariah... a wise little bird once told me that nothing is worth it if you're not willing to dive straight into the deep end for it. Please tell your parents soon. And I'll see you near Coachella. Good Luck with exams and say Hello to Scorpio for me."

"Bye, Nathan. It was good speaking to you."

"Likewise."