19| Oh, babygirl•

Mariah's POV

"Oh my gosh, stop it!" I swatted his hand off my thigh, irritated as he wouldn't stop.

He chuckled at my discomfort and kissed me as an apology. "Sorry, babygirl. I won't do it again."

I smiled. A bit too soon.

"On this bus."

I groaned but joyous when the bus stopped at our destination. My heart was racing at the possibilities of the events that were to come. I'm close to this salon but I wonder what they'll say about Scorpio. Will they like him? Will they hate him?

"Mariah!" Auntie Gray exclaimed as we entered the salon. "And friend..."

Scorpio shoved his hands in his pockets awkwardly and looked around the room, trying to avoid the eyes of thirsty girls. "Hello, ma'am." Politely, he greeted.

She gave him a skeptical look. "Hi, and you are?"

"Scorpio, ma'am."

"Huh? Yeah, I can tell you real white." I widened my eyes. "Your name says it all." She finished while I gasped at her.

"Auntie Gray!"

"What?"

"That's rude."

"I said he was white, not that he was ugly because of it."

Scorpio cut in for a moment. "I'm actually Hispanic."

She dismissed him. "You're a white Hispanic. And don't worry, you know you're hot."

"Damn right." The receptionist added her thoughts and went back to her phone. I really don't like her.

Even though Scorpio laughed at that, I could tell he was still uncomfortable. Quickly, I grabbed his hand and gave him a peck on the lips. "Relax, okay... please."

"Ohhhh." Auntie Gray wondered. "Y'all together."

We both nodded.

"Oh well, I'm not gonna say anything. What you want today, Mariah?"

"I was thinking a weave."

"Sit down, baby." I did as she said, anticipating the pain that was to come with the beauty.

It took half an hour of braiding for me to already be wincing.

"Mariah, what's wrong with your scalp? You never flinch this bad." She inquired.

It seemed Scorpio heard and thought the same thing as me because as we locked eyes, he smirked and bit his lip—a hidden message we both knew the contents of. I didn't think his grip would have such an impact.

"That's just nasty."

Desperately, I tried to save myself but Auntie Gray wasn't having it. She started weaving the hair pieces into the cornrows when I noticed the receptionist move over to where Scorpio was sitting. Through the mirror, I noticed her touching his arm. At least he flinched. She even touched his hair.

I noticed her laughing really loudly and twirling her hair. I don't know what this feeling is but it needs to stop. I felt like slapping her everytime she pushed her chest out. Why was she crossing her legs? Can she stop putting her hands on my man? I mean, isn't it enough that Scorpio is asking her to stop.