25| Oh, Want•

Mariah's POV

I don't know what happened. One minute, we were in comfortable silence, the next he said 'I love you.' I was shocked. Why would he say that? These past 8 years, I forgot what love is. My parents had neglected me, leaving me with a nanny(whom I recognized as a mom) since 8th Grade while they travelled around the world—dad was doing Missions and my real mom was just tagging along. They came back for a weekend, where all they would do is reprimand me and tell me exactly how disappointing they were me. I never did anything right. I didn't have a mom to guide me through my teen years—the tears, the periods, breakouts, you name it. Dad wouldn't approve of anything I did.

The only love I knew was falling in love with various boys who could never return it back. And when that man raped me... I lost hope in everything. Depression easily took over and while I faked a smile, no one even noticed anything was different about me. They didn't notice. My parents didn't notice. Jess didn't notice.

But Scorpio does notice. Scorpio notices every little thing about me. And he always finds a way to make me happy. He doesn't push me to tell him anything that makes me uncomfortable but tries to make me feel better instead. He loves me.

"Mariah..."

"Hmm?"

"You froze up." He looked at me, dark eyes staring into my soul. "I love you."

And tears fell from my eyes.

"I love you so much, Mariah. You may not love yourself but I do. You're the greatest thing that has ever happened to me and I can't dream of losing you. Te amo. Y quiero que me ames también, pero sé que tomará tiempo. You are the love of my life. I want to spend the rest of my life with you and I promise you, I will never let you down. I will never let you go. You are mine and I am yours. You don't have to say it back but just know, te amo, Mariah."

Why? Why would he do that? "I-..."

His thumbs wiped my tears off my face and he kissed me on the forehead. "Don't say anything."

My emotions took over and I pressed my lips against his in a hurry. My body reacted to his touch and I found myself wanting more of him. He squeezed my waist, pulling me closer into him. This kiss was different. It was filled with so much passion from both of us that I didn't want it to end.

I took his shirt off, feeling the hard planes of his muscles and running my fingers through his hair. He's just perfect. My top followed, where he paused to look at me before wrapping his arms around my waist and leaning his forehead against my chest. His lips were soft against the top of my breasts as he planted butterfly kisses on them. Each one sent shivers up my spine and his tongue was raising goosebumps on my skin.

We stayed like this for a long time. Me, gripping his hair while he showered my chest with his soft lips. "Scorpio..."

"Yes, Mariah?"

"More."

He carried me, laying me down on the bed and kissing my lips harshly. His lips were needy, as were mine and I felt tingles running up my back. My breath was heavy as he hooked my leg around his waist and ran his fingers across my thigh. One of his fingers slid across my vulva before dipping into me, enticing a moan from my lips. It was steady rhythm that kept me writhing in his grasp and begging for more.

"Harder."

With each pump, I responded while he grunted. His head dipped down, nose nudging against my clitoris and a sensual moan sounded when his tongue swept across my labia. His fingers and his tongue were deadly for me as I orgasmed. Scorpio latched his lips onto my inner folds and pulled before letting go, an action that made me wet all over again. "Look at me."