Prolouge: Dope Boy Ambitions

"Honey look." A lady grabbed her husband's hand and pulled him over to a baby in one of the cribs.

"I want him. He's so adorable." The lady said pointing to a little boy that slept in the crib as a smile spread over her face showing her white teeth.

I rolled my eyes. Today was one of the worst days for me.

Adoption Day

I closed my eyes and said a little prayer to god hoping that I get adopted today.

"You can stop praying, nobody wants a teenager." My twin sister Yonica said sitting next to me eating a fun sized butter finger. "They only want the babies." She added taking a bite.

I sighed knowing she was right. People come in on adoption day and go straight to the new born babies that had been here only for a week or maybe even a day.

But me on the other hand have been in this orphanage for 16 years.

"You want a bite?" Yonica asked me holding the butter finger up to my mouth.

"No." I said drly and pulled my knees into my chest.

"Suit ya' self." Yonica said zipping up her jacket. "I'm heading down the street." She said leaving out the orphanage.

We were identical twins, but she was so much different from me. She liked to sneak out of the orphanage at night and hang with the dirty boys that drooled over her body just for sex. She also liked to get into fights with the other kids in the orphanage.

I wasn't with that shit.

I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around and saw Nina. She was a 4 year old here that seemed to cling to me, almost like a little sister I never had.

"Hey Nina." I smiled.

She wrapped her arms around my neck tightly.

"I got adopted Monica! I got adopted!" She said screaming into my ear.

I did a small smile and hugged her back. "That's wonderful."

We pulled away from the hug.

"I'm going to miss you." Nina said.

"Imma' miss you too lil' bit."

"Nina! Come on sweetie!" Her new parents said to her.

"Bye Mo." she called me by my nickname.

"Bye. Be good at your new home."

I watched as she skipped away with her new parents and got into the car.

I sighed as the car passed with Nina in the backseat smiling.

The sun began to set as the time got closer to 5pm. Which means adoption day was over.

"Monica! Where is your sister?" Ms. Freeman asked. She was the owner of this orphanage and she watched over us.

"You looking for her? Go find her yourself." I said walking into my assigned room.

I got in my bottom bunk. The top bunk was for Yonica.

Niecy was already in here reading a magazine. She was a cool chick if you ask me. She got put in here last year due to both of her parents dying in a tragic car accident. She's currently 17.

"Where yo' sis?" She asked flipping through the magazine.

"Where you think?" I asked her putting my thick hair into a big bun.

Niecy laughed.

"She's with those boys down the street."

"Should have known." She said.