Down The Drain

Monica

"The grades from the last test were not good at all." I said walking through my classroom passing out graded papers. "I expected them to be more than just C's and F's."

"Miss M, this test was hard."

I sat on top of my desk. "Guys come on how hard can 5th grade science be?"

"Very hard."

I laughed and slid off my desk and walked up to my chalkboard and began writing. "Test on Friday. Those fossil worksheets need to be turned in tomorrow for a grade and-"

I got cut off by my classroom door opening. Dorian stuck her head in.

"Go ahead and go to the next lesson." I put the chalk down and dusted my hands walking towards the door.

"Hey D. Wassup?"

"Its Queen."

I moved out into the hallway with her. "Everything okay?"

"Yea she's in the principle's office. She umm... had a tempter tantrum and bit another student."

I rose my eyebrows because this doesn't sound like Queen. "Queen? My daughter?"

"I know it's rare Mo. But yea something was wrong with her this morning."

I sighed. The only reason she could possibly be acting out is because of King. My heels clicked loudly on the floor as I marched down the Principal's office.

She was sitting in there looking down swinging her feet back and forth. She had dried up tears on her face and her cheeks were a light shade of red.

"Queen Elizabeth Henderson." I folded my arms.

She looked up at me slowly. "I'm sorry Mo. I was just angry."

"Just because you're angry doesn't mean you go around biting people like an animal." I sighed.

"Monica. I'm giving her a one day suspension." Principle Johnson said organizing papers on his desk.

"You're suspending a first grader?"

"Yes. Queen needs to be punished for her actions. Be happy that I'm not suspending her for three days."

I nodded. "I understand."

After chatting with Principal Johnson for a couple of more minutes I walked out of the office with Queen behind me.

"Mo. Are you mad at me?"

"No. I'm not, but you need to be a good girl."

"Alright."

Since Queen is suspended we had to head home early for today. I was actually happy. Even though I just started back working I needed a small break. King has me stressed.

I knocked on Morgan's door.

"You're early. It's only nine something."

"I know." I said walking inside her home. "Queen got suspended."

"Wow. I didn't know little kids could get suspended."

"I know right." I picked up a happy Miracle and kissed her forehead.

"Oh by the way I won't be able to watch Miracle tomorrow."

"Morg!" I moaned.

"Sorry Mo. I have a run way show in Australia. I won't be home until next week."

"Who could I get to possibly watch the two!?" I simi yelled frustrated.

"I don't know. Don't yell at me. It's not my fault."