Life Saver

Monica

My eyes fluttered open and I was now fully awake. I soon realized that I was still in King's bedroom. I got out the bed and tip toed downstairs to see King and Nick at the island eating cereal.

"Good Morning." I spoke with joy.

Nick looked at me then spit his cereal out of his mouth. Milk and all.

"You're cleaning that shit up too." King told him.

"Mo? W-when did you get here?" Nick asked surprised.

I giggled. "Last night."

"Damn. I had no idea. What happened with you and Romeo? Wasn't y'all supposed to be getting married?"

"Let's just say he wasn't any good like King told me."

"So wassup? You staying here with us now?" Nick questioned.

I sighed. "No. I think I'm going to leave this afternoon."

"Leave? You're going back home to that nigga?" King asked getting a tab bit upset.

"I'm kicking his ass out. And did you forget? I have not one but two jobs. I can't just randomly quit and stay here in California. Chicago is my home."

"Then I'm going with you." King said and put his cereal bowl into the sink.

"King. No. You don't have to do that."

"I left you once and I'm not leaving you again. I'm going with you."

"Hell, if you're leaving. I'm leaving too." Nick added.

"Well. I guess we're all going back to ChiTown."'
*

*

*

Instead of taking the easy way back to Chicago which was flying, King insisted that we drive. The trunk was packed down full of their clothes and other things they needed. Nick was passed out in the backseat snoring and King was driving.

My ringing phone caused me to reach into my purse and look to see who was trying to reach me. It was Dori.

"Hello?" I answered. I heard laughing and cheering in the background. "Helloooo? D? You there?"

"Oh! Yea I'm here."

I giggled. "Are you enjoying yourself?"

"Yea. Morgan and I just went swimming with the dolphins."

"Sounds fun." I said.

"It was. I wish you were here Mo!"

I sighed.

"What happened anyways? You just left all of a sudden." Dori asked concerned.

"I don't want to talk about it right now, but I'll tell you later."

"Okay. Romeo left a couple hours ago. I guess he's headed back home."

I shook my head and looked out the window of the moving car.

"Dori come try this drink!" I heard Morgan.

"Call you later. Bye!"

I laughed and hung up the phone, putting it back into my purse.

"We've got another hour or so." King said picking up his speed on the highway.

I nodded and rested my elbow on the door. While staring out at the trees my eyes began to get heavy and I ended up falling asleep.