One Way Or Another

King

My father took his cigarette from his lips. "The cops looking for you boy?" He asked looking at Nick.

"No sir. Not yet."

"Then what's the problem son?"

"See what had happened was... I dropped the gun and my fingerprints were on it."

Dad chuckled and soon started coughing due to the smoke that choked him up. "That was a dumbass move Nickolas. What do you expect me to do? Huh?"

"I'm too young to go to jail dad." Nick said nearly crying. "You gotta' get me out of this somehow."

"Your problem. You fix it. I won't say it again. Now get out my face."

Nick stood up from the table and went out the front door slamming it shut.

I stood up from the table as well.

"Sit down." Pops said and looked down at his all gold Rolex.

"Wassup?" I asked.

"In a couple of days imma' need you to help me with something."

"Alright..." I said waiting for him to continue.

"LJ."

"What about him?"

"I want his ass six feet under. Word around town is he's been snitching on me to the FEDS."

I laughed hard as hell. "You serious pops."

"Yes boy. What's so funny about that?"

"Your like what? 53? 56? You're to old to be killing somebody, and too old to be worried about somebody snitching. How you gonna kill him yourself?"

"That's where you come in."

Monica

Today was Saturday. The day that I go back to work at McDonald's.

Dorian let me sleep in her guest room last night. The bed was actually comfy.

I got dressed in my McDonald's uniform and walked out the room. Dorian was in the living room doing jumping jacks and squats.

"Um what are you doing?"

"Oh goodmorning. I'm working out."

"Why? Your already in shape?" I brushed my hair into a pony tail.

"Yea I know." She laughed a little. "Why are you dressed like your about to go to McDonald's and take orders?"

"Because that's my job."

"Seriously?"

"Yup." I smiled.

"Mo. You can be doing a job that's a lot easier and still make more money."

"If your talking about being a stripper hell no."

"Give me two reasons why." Dori placed her hands on her little hips.

"One, because I don't want to. Two, I just don't want to."

She playfully rolled her eyes. "Okay Mo. Continue working at the drive thru window."

"I will." I smiled. "If you don't mind, can you take me to work?"

"Gladly."

The ride to McDonald's took a little while to get there because of all the Saturday traffic. Once we arrived I thanked Dorian and got out the front seat of her Camry.