Can You Hear Me?

Monica

"Stop it Queen, sit down." I fussed at her trying on a pair of heels. She folded her arms and took a seat.

"What about these?"

"No, to casual." Dorian said rocking Miracle back and forth.

"Ugh." I said taking off the heels and trying on another pair. I was trying to find the perfect ones to match the black dress I was going to be wearing tonight. "What about these?"

"Ew no." Dori spoke scrunching up her face.

"Then which ones."

"How about these?" She asked picking up some black heels that looked complicated to put on.

"Umm..." I trailed off.

"Get these. They look great."

"Fine." I told her and went to pay for the shoes.

"Will this be all?" The cashier asked with a jolly smile.

"Yes." I answered.

"Alright. Your total will be $205.97"

I nodded and handed her King's credit card. He loaned it to me for the day to buy whatever I want.

"Have a great day." The cashier handed me my receipt and I thanked her.

"Okay let's go." I told Dorian grabbing Queen's hand and pushing the stroller with my other.

"Where too next?" D asked putting a sleeping Miracle back inside the stroller.

"Uhh-"

"The toy store!" Queen yelled jumping up and down. "Please Mo. Please?"

I sighed. "Fine."

"YAY!" She squeaked and ran across the mall to the toy store.

"Slow down Queen." I yelled following her.

Dorian laughed. "I'm actually excited about tonight." She said.

"Why? It's just a double date."

"I know, but Nick has been distant lately. He's all tied up with work and we haven't really been talking like we use too. I feel like he's cheating-"

"No. I know Nick, and I know he would never do that to you."

She sighed and pushed her hair out of her face. "I hope when I tell him that I'm pregnant he won't get mad or anything."

"He won't. He has always wanted to be a dad. It will be great news for him."

We walked into the toy store and saw Queen looking at all the American Girl dolls.

"Mo can I have this one? She has long hair." Queen pointed to a doll with long black hair.

I looked at the price and it was damn near a hundred dollars.

"I don't know Queen. Your daddy wouldn't want me spending all this money."

"Pleaseeeeeee." She begged dropping to her knees.

"Auntie D will buy it for you baby." Dorian said pulling out a wad of cash.

"Thank you so much." Queen cheesed.