Makeup To Breakup

Seven Months Later....

Monica

"Can someone in the class explain to me the water cycle and how it relates to science."

A student raised their hand.

"Yes. Ally go ahead."

She began to explain the entire process to me. I smiled while she talked. I was highly impressed. Instead of teaching little four year olds I now teach ten and eleven year olds. Which I'm kind of happy about.

"That's correct. Now guess what class? I want a five paragraph essay on the water cycle. It's due next week on Friday."

They all sighed.

"Come on it will be fun." I told them.

Just then the bell rung signaling school was over. I sat on my desk waving goodbye to all of my students.

"Have a great weekend. Start on that essay as well!" I yelled out the door.

I hopped off my desk and sat down behind my computer.

"Knock knock." Dorian said and entered my classroom.

She finally got off the pole and started working at the school with me.

"Hey girl." I said and shut my computer down. "How was your day?"

"Bad ass little first graders. They get on my nerves."D rolled her eyes. She isn't the teacher type.

I laughed and grabbed my purse. "That's why I teach fifth grade now." I locked up my classroom and walked down the hallway talking to Dorian.

"You know what today is right?" Dori questioned me.

"Um. Yea. It's April twenty ninth."

"And?"

I sighed. "And its King's birthday."

"Yes! Are you gonna' go see him?"

I bit down on my bottom lip. I have only saw him three times during the seven months. We are still in a relationship, but just taking a break for awhile. I think it's best for the both of us.

"Yea." I finally answered Dorian.

"Good. Nick texted me earlier today and said King and the crew are all going to Club Blue tonight. Soooo you down?"

"Yea. I'm down." I said unsure. It's been awhile since King and I communicated.

I got into Dorian's truck and buckled up. While on the way to her house she talked and talked about random stuff that I hardly listened to. I was just focused on tonight. Apart of me didn't want to go, but I wanted to celebrate King's birthday.

"Mo!" Dorian yelled.

"Yes D?"

"Have you been listening to anything I said?"

"To be honest, I haven't."

"I knew it." She said and pulled into her driveway.

I have been living with Dorian only because I knew I would be moving back in with King soon.

"What are you going to wear?" I asked Dori.

"No. The question is, what are you going to wear? It is your man's birthday. You gotta show him what he been missing." Dorian elbowed me playfully and unlocked the front door.

"So go on upstairs and get ready boo." D rushed me.

"Alright alright."

I sat my purse down and jogged upstairs to take a shower.