Hard As An Apple

Five Years Later...

Monica

"Make sure you color inside the lines kiddos." I said walking around my classroom.

"Miss Monroe my crayon broke." One of my students spoke with a sad look on her face.

"Aww. Let me get you another one." I said and walked over to my desk. I grabbed a pink crayola crayon and handed it to the little girl that asked.

"Thank you."

"You're so welcome." I gave her a bright smile.

Stripping didn't quite work out for me. I became a preschool teacher instead. This job is just easier for me and I enjoy teaching little kids how to color, sing songs, and share.

Some nights I do work at the club bartending. It's not often though. It's just when I need a little extra cash.

"Miss Monroeeeee. Are you busy?" My classroom door opened and Dorian walked in with balloons in her hands.

"D what are you doing here?" I asked her.

"Guess what bad bitch turned twenty-two today." She whispered so none of the children would hear her language.

"This bad bitch did." I smirked.

"That's rightttt! Happy birthday Mo-Mo pooh." Dorian said hugging me tightly.

"Okay okay now stop before you get me fired." I laughed and she did too.

"I'm about to go. Be ready to turn up after work boo!"

"Alright bye crazy." I closed my classroom door.

Today was my twenty second birthday and I'm ready for whatever tonight throws my way.
*

*

*

"Bye Miss Monroe." One of my many students hugged me and got into the car with her parents.

"Bye bye Lillian. I'll see you on Monday sweetie." I waved goodbye to her.

After she left I walked to my car. Which was a blue Lexus.

I opening the driver's door and got into the seat. I placed my seat belt on and dug in my purse and found my ringing phone. It was Morgan.

"Hello-"

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY MONICA!" She yelled.

I laughed. "Thanks Morg."

"What are you doing right now?"

"Just leaving work." I said pulling out the parking lot of the school.

"Oh."

"Yea. You still in France?" I asked. Because of her being a model she travels a lot and I rarely get to see her.

The loud sound of her sighing told me that she was. "Yea. I won't be home until next week."

I did a pout of disappointment because I wanted to spend my birthday with her and Dori. They are my only two best friends that stuck around with me over the years.

"Well that sucks." I told her.

"I know. I'm sorry Mo."

"Its cool girl."

"Alright I gotta' go love ya."

"Love you too." I spoke into the phone before hanging up and pulling into the driveway of my house.

Over the years I was able to buy my own house and car and anything else I needed.

I stopped my car in front of the mail box and got out to receive my mail. I grabbed the mail and saw it was a note inside the box.