Loud & Clear

King

"Daddy is Mo okay?" Queen asked as I tucked her into bed.

"Yea she straight. Just get some sleep." I kissed her forehead and closed her bedroom door.

I was heated. Who the fuck had the audacity to put they hands on my wife!?

I walked back into my bedroom and entered my bathroom. Monica was soaking her body in the tub.

I sat on the toilet. "Tell me again what happened."

"I walked out the mall, couldn't find my car keys, so as I was searching for my keys a man comes and touches my ass, so I went off on him, he body slams me, then he tries to rape me, but I wasn't having that shit, I kicked him, he pulls out a gun, I pepper spray him and I got away. The end." She said and put a hot towel over her eyes.

"This shit is not a joke Mo."

"I didn't say it was."

"What did the nigga look like?"

"I don't know King. Just forget about it okay?"

"Hell no Monica! His ass is dead."

"You're just talking you are not going to actually kill him."

"I will if I catch his ass on the streets. Did you see his face? Any tattoos? Give me something Mo."

She sighed and took the towel off her eyes. "I didn't see his face but I know he wasn't a skinny guy."

"That's it? Any other details?"

"It was pitch black outside King."

I sighed and ran my hand down my face. "We'll talk in the morning."

I left Monica in the tub and got into bed just thinking about who this dude could be. Who?

Morning

King

"What ya lookin' at lil' mama." I tickled Miracle making her smile at me. Her honey colored eyes sparkled as she laughed.

Queen sat next to me munching on a cinnamon flavored pop tart. "Daddy can I have some milk?"

"Yea." I told her and got up to get her milk. Once I gave it to her I saw Mo slowly coming down the steps.

I pulled her into my arms. It was clear that her body was still sore.

"Imma' give you a massage later tonight." I winked at her.

"No nasty." She giggled and opened the refrigerator.

"Girl you know you love my massages."

Monica laughed and pulled out a bowl of fruit.

I felt my phone vibrate in my back pocket.

Lil bro: Tony and Jo are here. What you need us to do?
11:32 am

Me: Nothing yet. I'm on my way.
11:33 am

"Baby I will be back." I told Mo grabbing my keys.

"Woah woah wait. Come here."

I walked back over to Mo and she pecked my lips. "Don't do anything stupid."

"I never do anything stupid. I make smart moves."

"Mhm okay Mr. Smartypants. But I'm serious King."

"I know baby. See ya'." I gave Miracle and Queen a kiss before leaving out the front door. Once inside my truck I drove over to Nick's house and saw the guys outside talking and joking around.

I got out my truck and headed over to them.

"Sup homie." Jo dapped me up.

"Wassup man." I spoke to him and Tony.

"So what's the deal? I wanted to spend the day with Dorian." Nick said.

"Calm yo in love ass down. It's a reason I wanted to meet up here. Somebody attacked Mo last night."

"For real?" Jo asked.

"Nah man I'm just joking it's for fake." I said sarcastically. "HELL YEA FOREAL." I yelled. "She pepper sprayed the nigga that's the only reason she got away."

"Who?" Nick asked.

"Dumb ass, that's why I need y'all help. Whoever did it is gonna' pay. And the price won't be low."

We heard pit bulls barking and turned around. It was Draco. He had two big pit bulls on a leash.

I walked slowly down the steps and Nick did as well.

"Ayo homie!" Nick yelled and Draco turned around. Both of his eyes were swollen and red.

Nick pulled out a pistol. "So you the one that's been fucking with my fam."

I grabbed Nick. "What you doing? It's him! Blow his brains out."

"The streets are flooded with cops. You got a record Nick. Every cop in Chicago know your name. You been to jail to many times and I won't allow you to go back. So put the gun away and let me handle this."

Nick smacked his lips and tucked his gun back into his waistband.

"You got a problems with me?" Draco asked holding his dogs.

"Where were you last night?" I questioned him.

"Getting my dick sucked by ya moms." Draco said chuckling.

"You talking about my mama nigga!?" Nick said getting offended.

I looked at his eyes. "What happened to your eyes."

"What are you? Some fucking cop? Allergies."

"Allergies huh?"

"Yea." He said trying to keep his dogs under control.

I got closer to him. "If you come around my family again I'll end your life on the spot." I whispered to him.

"I'll like to see you try." He whispered back.

I stepped away from him.

"King what are you doing bruh. Kill his ass." Nick yelled.

"Aye King, keep your brother close to you. I would hate to see him get hurt." Draco said walking away with his pit bulls.

"Was that a threat homeboy!"

"Nick chill." I told him.

"You always telling somebody to calm down. Nigga calm up and do something. Draco fucked with Mo and you letting him walk away."

"Because I got a plan for his ass. Right now is not the time to be causing scenes and shit."

"If you won't do something about it I will."

I grabbed Nick's shoulder. "You're so damn hard headed bro. Don't do anything without my say so. You're grown but not grown enough to make your own moves."

"Whatever." Nick brushed my hand off of him.

"I'm serious. Don't do shit without me. You hear me?"

"Yea I hear you, loud and clear."