A Moment Of Silence

(Dorian)

Monica

There was silence in the hospital waiting room. You could only here the chatter of the nurses and doctors. I looked over at King every now and then to see if he was holding up well. He wasn't, it was easy to tell. I tried to touch him but he would move away from me. His expression was plain, but you could see the hurt in his eyes. Dorian on the other hand was silent and tears were continually pouring from her eyes but she never made a sound.

Queen was falling asleep in my lap and I was playing with my fingers scared and nervous to hear what news the doctor would bring to us. But we all knew, he was dead. We just didn't want to face the reality of the situation.

"King." I said trying to grab his hand but he pulled away and put his hood over his head.

I sighed and played in Queen's hair as she slowly fell into a deep sleep. The clock ticked louder and louder in my head while I stared at it. Nick has been in surgery for about three hours now. I had hope but I was slowly losing it. I looked at King once more and saw a tear fall from his eye. Never in my life have I seen this man shed a tear. This really was effecting him. I was trying to hold in my tears and be strong for them but I couldn't. Nick is probably dead and nothing will be able to bring him back.

King

Nick? Dead? He can't be. No way in hell he's dead. Not this soon. If he is I don't know what I'll do. In a way I feel like this is all my fault. I got him into this shit. He was just at the wrong place at the wrong time.

As I was sitting in the hospital chair my mind thought about all the people Nick had beef with. My thoughts landed on one person. Draco.

"Henderson family?" A doctor said walking out of the surgery room with a clipboard under his arm.

I jumped to my feet as well as Mo and Dorian.

"Are you all family?" The doctor asked.

"Yes." Dorian said wiping her face.

"Nickolas had internal and external bleeding and major brain damage. That bullet to the heart caused-"

"Doc just tell us." Dorian said as her voice cracked.

The doctor dropped his head. "I'm sorry. We tried everything we could. He's gone."

"He's gone." The doctor's words replayed in my head.

Then and there my world started crumbling in my hands. Without even thinking I walked to the elevator and pressed the floor that took me to the lobby.

I jumped in my truck and sped out of the parking lot. I wasn't even thinking about Mo or Dori my mind was set on one person only and that was Draco.

Monica

Dorian was crying over Nick's lifeless body. Her head was laying on his chest as she sobbed.

"Nick please come back. I need you." She whispered as she cried.

I wiped my tears and held Queen close. Dorian was hurting inside and I felt her pain. I couldn't imagine losing King to a bullet.

"Wake up Nick." Dorian yelled crying. "Please."

"Ma'am what would you like us to do with the body?" The doctor asked me entering the room.

"Um. We plan on having a funeral of course."

He nodded. "Well you and your friend have got to go we need this room."

"Please doc. Let her have a few more minutes."

He sighed then nodded understanding. "Ten more minutes."

"Thank you." I shook his head and turned my attention back to Dorian.

She was silently crying holding his hand. It sounded like she was saying something as well but I couldn't understand. Ten minutes flew by and the nurses were practically pulling her out of the hospital room that contained Nick's body.

"NO!" Dori screamed kicking her feet and pulling her arms away from the nurses.

"Ma'am please." A nurse said trying to keep her calm.

I grabbed Dorian's hand and pulled her into the elevator. She slid down the wall and pulled her knees into her chest crying. I pressed number one and the elevator started moving. I put my face into my hands trying to be strong for Queen and Dorian. The elevator stopped and the doors opened revealing the main lobby of the hospital.

I helped D up and out of the elevator. Queen followed close behind. We walked outside and I searched for King's truck but didn't see it.

"That nigga." I said under my breath then pulled out my phone. I quickly called Morgan and asked her if she could come pick us up.

As we were waiting outside of the hospital Dori broke down all over again. She kicked a trash can knocking it over and pulled at her hair.

"D. Stop." I said grabbing her hands.

"He's dead. He's dead." She repeated crying. I pulled her into my arms and just hugged her. She cried on my shoulder as I hugged her.

A couple of minutes later Morgan pulled up. Queen got into the backseat as well as D.

"Thanks for picking us up." I thanked Morg.

"No problem. Is he-"

I nodded already knowing her question. She sighed and pulled out of the parking lot. The ride was silent. Dorian had stopped crying and she was just staring into space.

Morgan stopped the car in Dorian's driveway.

"D are you sure you want to stay alone tonight?" I asked looking at her as she had no emotion on her face.

"I'll be fine." She said getting out the car and slamming the door.

I pushed my hair back and rubbed my face. Morgan began driving again.

"How's King taking it?"

I shrugged. "He stormed off. Haven't talked to him. I know he's not fin. He lost his brother."

"Wow. I can't believe it."

"Neither can I."

Thirty minutes passed and Morgan pulled into my driveway.

I grabbed Miracle's car seat and Queen's hand.

"Thanks again Morg."

"No problem. Call me if you need anything Mo. I'm here." She gave me a small warming smile.

"I will." I said before unlocking the front door and entering our home. The house was dark meaning King wasn't home. Wherever he is I hope he's safe.

I helped Queen into her pajamas and we got into my bed. I turned out the lamp and laid in silence.

"Mo?" Queen said.

"Yes?"

"I hope you don't die because I love you."

"I'm not going anywhere Queen. I love you too."