The Easy Way Out

(Dorian)

Monica

The sound of my door being opened woke me up. I rose pup and saw Sheri in my closet pulling out all of my clothes and throwing them into a black trash bag.

"Woah,woah what are you doing?" I asked her getting out of my bed.

"You thought I was kidding sweetie?" She laughed then quickly got serious. "Well I wasn't. I want your thot ass out of my house."

She threw the black trash bag at me. "You got 30 minutes." Sheri said and walked out of my room.

I dropped to my knees and began crying. I have no where to go.

Nick entered my bedroom. "Mo it's okay."

"No it's not! Where am I gonna go Nick!? Huh? Where!?" I yelled at him.

"With King."

I sighed and started putting more clothes into the trash bag.

"I don't want to live with him." I said.

"But you wanted to be with him."

I smacked my lips.

"I don't know what else to tell you Mo." Nick said.

I ran my hand through my hair stressfully.

I continued to pack my things until Sheri returned back into my room.

"Times up. Bounce." She said with her arms folded.

I picked up the three large trash bags, I grabbed my phone and charger and the small purse I had.

I walked downstairs and stopped at the door. "Please don't do this-" Sheri pushed me outside.

"Goodbye! Have a nice life. I never want to see your face again." She slammed the front door shut and I heard the locks being turned.

Times like this makes you want your mama. Your real mama. If only I knew who she was.

King

"Thank you. Have a good day." I said and passed money out to the movers. They just moved me into my new apartment.

Early this morning I got furniture and everything I needed to survive on my own.

I sat back on my couch and looked around. Eighteen and now on my own. This shit wasn't going to be hard for me because I know how to take care of myself.

My ringing phone caused me to become annoyed. I looked and saw it was Nick.

"What bruh." I answered.

"Where are you?"

"Why does it matter?"

"You need to help Mo. She doesn't have anywhere to go."

"That's her problem not mine."

"You're wrong King."

I sighed. I did feel a little sorry for her. Her own sister turned on her, don't know who or where her parents are, and she got kicked out the house.

"Where she at?" I asked Nick.

"Sitting by the stop sign crying."

"Tell her I'm on my way."
*

*

*

When I pulled into the neighborhood I saw Monica sitting in front of the STOP sign with black trash bags next to her.