One Plus One

Monica

I just couldn't be at the house with King right now. I would end up hurting him and Yonica. I decided to go to Dorian's house just to cool down and let her in on what happened.

I parked my car in her driveway and knocked on her front door. Surprisingly Nick opened. He had lipstick kisses all over him.

"Mo!" Nick yelled shocked.

"Nick!" I yelled back being sarcastic. "Where's Dori?"

Dorian came to the door in a silky robe. "Oh my goodness. Monica. You didn't alert me that you were coming." She tied up her robe.

"Sorry. Do I need to come back another time?" I looked at Nick and Dorian with a little grin on my face.

"Uh. No, no Nick was just about to leave. Ain't that right Nickolas?"

"Yea that's right."

I laughed at them. They are trying to keep their relationship a secret and that aren't doing a very good job of hiding it.

"Bye D. And bye sis." Nick said before walking out the doorway.

"You can't hide shit." I laughed and walked into the kitchen with Dori.

"Oh hush up. We're not an item. Yet."

"Key word. Yet."

She laughed and shook her head. She grabbed a wine class out of the cabinet and poured me some. She poured herself some as well.

"So wassup? You didn't come over at 10 pm for no reason."

I sighed. "I'm going to get straight to the point. So a couple of minutes ago Yonica said she's pregnant with King's baby."

Dorian starts laughing as soon as I finish my sentence. I didn't find a thing funny.

"What's so funny?"

"That bitch ain't pregnant." D said and took a sip of her red wine.

"She said she was though."

"And you're really gonna believe a chick that just got out of rehab not too long ago. You can't believe shit her crazy ass says."

Dorian had a point. Yonica is always lying. This could just be another one of her lies.

"And besides its only been what? A week or so. She can't found out that fast."

"So what are you saying."

"I'm saying. She's lying. There is no baby. She just want yo' man."

Could this be true? Is Yonica only pretending to be pregnant so she can get with King? It's a shame you can't trust a word your own sister says.

I ran my fingers through my hair and sighed loudly.

"I just don't know."

Dorian sat her glass down. "But, if there is a baby. It ain't King's."

"D you're just making up stuff now."

"I'm not Mo. You know how much Yonica stay in the streets running around with different men."

She was right.

"What am I suppose to do?" I rubbed my face stressed out about the situation.

"Kick her ass to the curb."

King

Yonica was sitting on the couch patiently with her legs crossed. She whirled the ends of her hair and hummed to herself.